knife storage

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
.357 mag

knife storage

Post by .357 mag »

What does everyone use to store there knives besides the spyderpak? I have alot of fixed blades that I want to store with all my folders.

I was looking at a Waterloo 3 draw top tool chest for 40 bucks. Put some foam liners in there and your good to go. It will even fit in my gear cabinet.
Nifty_Nives

Post by Nifty_Nives »

Frankly, i'm a little bit old school.

I keep the original packaging that they came in, bubble wrap and all. Then i just always keep my knives in their respective packages, and open one when i need it. It's not an efficient use of space, but i like having all of the old boxes.

I know of people using jewelry stands that have small slots for them, or the EOD packs with MOLLE on them that are good for the clips of knives.
Andy
MountainManJim

Post by MountainManJim »

I like the tool chest idea but, I thought that would cost too much. But, the $40 price give me pause.

I happen to be lucky though, my wife has made me Spyder Pacs out of denim, they wrok great for the collection which are all users.

Jim
I Like Sharp Things

Current Favorite: Caly 3.5, Super Blue. We're done here. It doesn't get better than the Caly 3.5
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

I put mine on my dresser.
Paradiggum

Post by Paradiggum »

I just got an open top, three drawer tool box yesterday from my parents. They got it for me specifically to store knives in.
I put my sharpmaker and things like that in the top part.
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Paradiggum wrote:I just got an open top, three drawer tool box yesterday from my parents. They got it for me specifically to store knives in.
I put my sharpmaker and things like that in the top part.
Yep. Same thing I was looking at. It was a smaller one. About 18" wide and 12'' tall.
MountainManJim wrote:I like the tool chest idea but, I thought that would cost too much. But, the $40 price give me pause.
I was thinking the same thing until I looked. I like that it can be locked and screwed into the wall. I have little boys ( 6 1/2 and 3 1/2) and they like to be into daddys things. being screwed into the wall could make a robber think twice about trying to take it.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

rodloos

Post by rodloos »

For awhile I was using plastic organizer boxes, kind of like I use for fishing lures etc, but that was getting difficult to search through when I wanted to carry a different knife.

I received a coupon for this toolchest from Harbor Freight for a great price, and it gives me a little room to grow as well:
(some of my knives are larger fixed blades like the Forager and some ESEE knives, so they wouldn't fit into my plastic organizers.)

I keep my Sharpmakers, leather strop, torx drivers etc in the top bin.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Pelican case (forgot the model #) with two locks and a wooden drawer for my EDC rotations.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

Up until I got my spyderpac, I would store all my knives in the original box in an air tight "roughneck tote" type container.
unit

Post by unit »

This is a terrible photo, but perhaps you get the idea. I buy a few of these display cases every year when I go to knife shows.

Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Couple curio cabinets for the ones I display. Original boxes stored in a bureau drawer for the rest. Folder boxes are stored on end, with the label up and I only have a couple boxed fixed blades so finding a particular knife if I want it is not difficult.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

I use some Plano tackle boxes and keep my entire collection in there until I can afford something better. I think the boxes were around $30 at the Sporting good store.

- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Couple pics of mine. Shot of the two tall ones was taken shortly after I put them together five years ago. They've since been moved and have "a few" more knives in them. Shot of the small one is more recent, taken about 6 months ago. It's just a bit taller than the lower half of the tall ones.

[CENTER]Image

[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Wow!!! Nice display!!!
BHDKnifer

Post by BHDKnifer »

The Deacon wrote:Couple pics of mine. Shot of the two tall ones was taken shortly after I put them together five years ago. They've since been moved and have "a few" more knives in them. Shot of the small one is more recent, taken about 6 months ago. It's just a bit taller than the lower half of the tall ones.

[CENTER]Image

[/CENTER]
Classy display. Very nice collection.
:spyder: Control the HEAD...and you control the SNAKE! :spyder:
:spyder: Integrity is being good even if no one is watching :spyder:
Shazam

Post by Shazam »

That's a great display.

I use a few drawers on my tool chest, my kitchen knife drawer and dresser drawer. But to go I picked up a TAD Gear knife collector pouch and it holds 16 folders and 4 fixed blades and folds up nice and neat!
:spyder: Spyderco-aholic
.357 mag

Here is what I came up with

Post by .357 mag »

Found this at the local hardware store. It was 42 bucks out the door and came with liners.

.357 mag

More shots

Post by .357 mag »

unit

Post by unit »

.357 mag wrote:Found this at the local hardware store. It was 42 bucks out the door and came with liners.
Bummer dude! It is already full...now you are going to have to stop buying knives :D
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.