EOTW knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sequimite

EOTW knife

Post by Sequimite »

Which Spyderco is a must have for the end of the world?

I think everyone has heard that the world will end in December of 2012. This event has been widely publicized but to get all the details I have been listening to Coast to Coast AM for many years. What makes the choice of an appropriate knife particularly difficult is the multi-faceted nature of the threat. Apparently we face:
1) asteroid, meteorite, comet impacts
2) super volcanoes erupting under Yellowstone and in other locations
3) massive earthquakes and tidal waves
4) super winds that flatten forests
5) alien invasion
6) hostile shadow people
7) guardian angels take multi-year field trip to Greater Magellanic Cloud
8) nuclear war
9) DNA engineered giant human-animal hybrids make their move for world domination
. . . . to name a few

What knife can best cope and why?
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Nonprophet

Post by Nonprophet »

I'm gonna load up on as many knives as I can if it'sgoing down...but really if it came to that, a bushcraft or some other larger, heavy fixed blade would be my choice. That and a couple of stones to sharpen it with!
‎"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.":spyder:Robert Heinlein
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I think the choice is obvious... ladybug. :-P
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
bada61265

Post by bada61265 »

im just making shure i have enough ammo for my 45 and my ar15, heck with knives, if it cuts its in.
my knives:
kershaw Leek Buck 119 Cold Steel Recon tanto
Cold Steel Ti Lite VI ,
Spyderco: Tenacious ,Persistence, Endura 4 blue Stretch zdp blue, Manix 2 ,Native s30v . Sage2 titanium, Gayle Bradly cpm m4, Muleteam mt 10, woodcraft mule s30v. Orange Delica 4
Bark River PSK 154cm, Gunny, Bravo 2, Canadian Special
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Oh the worlds not ending...your just trying to get me to buy another knife.... :p ....but just in case it does end...I'll be taking my 2013 Spyderco forum knife.Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

My thoughts Exactly Bada
bada61265 wrote:im just making shure i have enough ammo for my 45 and my ar15, heck with knives, if it cuts its in.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Oh the worlds not ending...your just trying to get me to buy another knife.... :p ....but just in case it does end...I'll be taking my 2013 Spyderco forum knife.Doc :D
Funny you should mention that, Doc. I was thinking that the 2012 forum knife would have to be one badass blade, seeing as how it's the last forum knife and the end of the world and all.

2013? Are you poking fun at the world ending? Bad taste my friend.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Sequimite wrote:Funny you should mention that, Doc. I was thinking that the 2012 forum knife would have to be one badass blade, seeing as how it's the last forum knife and the end of the world and all.

2013? Are you poking fun at the world ending? Bad taste my friend.
Naww...Just reinforcing the idea that Spyderco and I'll be around in 2013 to collect up one of those forum knives....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

cckw

Post by cckw »

The funny thing about the Mayan calendar ending is the real reason it ended is probably because the dude who was writing it got tired of it and said "Oh well that is far enough for now. Someone else can add to it when that time gets closer". Then his wife said, "Probably some dumbass with get everyone worried that the world will end the day your calendar runs out" then they both laughed until milk came out their noses.

Para2 S90V
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Truth is the calendar runs out, because the Mayans were....let us call it "victims of ethic cleansing" no one else left to continue the darn thing...Doc :D

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Maybe they ran out of stone to carve them on. :D
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

I think if the world is going to end, then Spyderco should make the most absurd knife possible. That way they go out with a serious bang!

I'm thinking a pink g10 ocelot with two spyder holes in case one fails, a damascus tanto blade for looking good as you stab through car hoods, and skeletonized liners for light weight in case you have to run away from people with sars.
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Rock Salt for me should do any of the crazier stunts one needs to :)
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

ozspyder wrote:Rock Salt for me should do any of the crazier stunts one needs to :)
You beat me to it! But, yes, this is the correct answer :D :D,
My :spyder:'s: Tan M4 Manix!, P'kal, Rock Salt, Pink Endura CE, Orange Moran, USN Endura, Bug, Honeybee, FRN Cricket.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I'll take a spyderco lightsaber.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Freediver wrote:I'll take a spyderco lightsaber.
Where would the thumbhole be? :p
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Where would the thumbhole be? :p
Instead of a button, you push a hole to activate it. :D
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Creepo wrote:Instead of a button, you push a hole to activate it. :D
Oh yeh! :D
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Where would the thumbhole be? :p
Try that too many times and you won't have thumbs to worry about ;)

The mayan long count goes on for a LONG time after this supposed end of the world... this is the 13th B'ak'tun in a 19 count, and there are 4 more higher orders.

I've got my bush toy, but I do have plans to pick up a Paul Chen practical.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
TBob

Post by TBob »

.45 ACP for short range, 6.8mm AR-15 for mid-ranges, and 7.62mm M1A National Match for long range. Oh, and my Stretch CF for opening the ammo cases, and Gayle Bradley for trimming the trees to clear my field of fire.

But, I don't think we have that long. My 2011 calendars all end next December! :eek:
:spyder:: Advocate, Slysz Bowie Ti, Southard Black Blade, Stretch Carbon Fiber w/ZDP-189, Fluted Ti Native5, Terzuola Starmate, Terzuola SLIPIT, Leaf Storm, Gayle Bradley, Roadie, Chaparral CF, Chaparral Ti Stealth, Des Horn, Stretch FRN (Blue) ZDP-189, Centofante Memory, Military Black Blade CE, Delica4 FRN CE, Endura4 FRN Black Blade CE, Assist Orange FRN, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug 3 FRN SE, Delica4 Blue NLEOMF, Moran Drop Point BB, et al. :spyder: Spydie Fanatic #179 :spyder: