Stretch 2 Serrated $45

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wisehybred

Stretch 2 Serrated $45

Post by Wisehybred »

Would you guys buy a Stretch 2 with full serrations for 45 bucks? I don't own a serrated blade yet and was thinking this would be a great buy....just wondering, any input is appreciated, thanks.
00max00

Post by 00max00 »

Personally never liked serrations, but if you have never experienced one, it worth owning one.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Serrations are not my thing but I'd buy that stretch at that price.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Stretch is one of Sal's "top 10" designs, and to me, one of his top 3, so if you're in the market for a knife with a 3.5" serrated blade, or even just curious as to whether or not a serrated blade would be of value to you, then it's a great buy. If I didn't already have one, I'd be very tempted to order one.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
JimP

Post by JimP »

Even at that price I would pass on full serrations, however I did give consideration to the CE at around $40 but in the end passed on that also. They may be full price, but it's plain edge all the way for me, but that is just my preference ;) .
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I would definitely buy it . Not a big fan of serrated edges but nothing like a serrated gentlemans folder
mechnik

Post by mechnik »

I have one and I love it. I don't have it in PE or CE right now so I can't directly compare them.
I bought mine too because it was a good deal and was not sure how much I would like it.
The serrations on its thin blade looked odd at first, but it really grew on me and I honestly would not trade it for a PE or CE Stretch at this point. Thinking about picking up one more.
Seems there are some knives you really like at first but they might lose some charm over time, this one I like more and more.
I bake crusty bread and for me this SE Stretch is the ultimate bread knife. I doubt PE would cut bread as well but it might still be the ultimate butter knife.
Joking aside, the ergonomics make any Stretch handle amazingly well.
Tank

Post by Tank »

I know there is a lot of dislike of SE on the forum but if you havent had one its a great time to try one for yourself because its one of those love it or hate it kind of things I think. I personally love SE and have several and would be all over it. And the Stretch 2 is an awesome design and one of my favorite knives.
-John
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

The stretch is my favorite knife and for $45 i would get the se strech in a heartbeat. IF you could pm me the website ,[ if it's a website ] i would love to order one at that price.
mechnik

Post by mechnik »

gunnut35 wrote:The stretch is my favorite knife and for $45 i would get the se strech in a heartbeat. IF you could pm me the website ,[ if it's a website ] i would love to order one at that price.
Just happened on the website while looking at google images.
In case you are still soliciting information it's howesknifeshop.
4077th

Post by 4077th »

Thanks for the headzup. Just snagged two of these. What a smashing deal. Love those Spydie teeth! Yowza!! :D

Never heard of these folks. Bookmarked for SURE!!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

$45 for a new Stretch FRN?

Yes no matter what kind of edge.
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

Also check out ebay seller poorfish. He is selling Stretch FRN CE and Delica ZDP knives right now. If you bid the Stretch CE up to around $30, and the Delica ZDP up to around $40, even if you don't win it he will send you a second chance offer for each at the price you bid plus $3.99 shipping. I just bought the Stretch CE for $33.50 with shipping and the Delica ZDP for about $50 with shipping on two second chance offers he sent me.
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

Actually, the ebay seller is poor_fish. A link to the ZDP delica is below. If you bid this up to around $40, chances are you will get a second chance offer even if you don't win.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPYDERCO-DELICA-4-K ... 53e46ec89a
awlriteeden

Post by awlriteeden »

FYI: whitemountainknives is selling the VG-10 Stretch (CE) for $42.95 shipped on eBay (buy-it-now).

I just snagged one for myself, and I'm already trying to justify getting a second.
LDB

Post by LDB »

This is the knife showing $129.95 in their catalog? That seems an amazing discount.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Great design. I have a PE. I would not take one with serrations for free.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
awlriteeden

Post by awlriteeden »

Yes, the listing is still active. Search ebay for item number 360306035431.

I actually have a PE Stretch, and the ergos are so good I'm considering replacing my SE Para with a CE Stretch. In the time I've EDCed my SE Para (coming to 2 years now), I've found that I usually use only the tip for PE tasks, but I prefer the PE to be a little longer. Hence the CE Stretch.

We'll see. :)
Plinko

Post by Plinko »

eBay seller poor_fish had several of the CE Stretch with a Buy It Now price of $33.00.