Perrin Streat Beat arrived today

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chambers

Perrin Streat Beat arrived today

Post by chambers »

I

LOVE

THIS

KNIFE

It gives me that "Like when we used to climb the rope in gym class" funny feeling. This thing has lines in all the right places, so very simple, yet perfect.
It is so very, very right.

Wow, so, yes. Excellent piece, I highly reccomend one, touch mine and die.

;) :D
:spyder: Spyder bit. :spyder: Still no super powers though...
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I really should stop procrastinating and get one...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
HistoricalMan

Post by HistoricalMan »

The Street Beat is a wonderful knife.

I believe Sal himself said he will never discontinue the knife as the design is too superb.
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I finally got a used one about two months ago. You are right, hands down the best knife I've ever owned. It just feels awesome in the hand. I've handled a few other Fred Perrin knives and they are all very ergonomic. The Street Beat has perfect balance, fit and finish, you really can't go wrong.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

This knife is by far MY FAVORITE fixed blade. I EDC it on every hike I take and take it to every camp out I go to. Congrats on your buy!

-Chris
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

Yes, the Steet Beat is simply superb.
frontline29

Post by frontline29 »

The Street Beat is one knife that I will never get rid of.
Now that I've had it for a while I don't think I could ever be without one now.
I haven't left the house without it in a year and a half.
A must for every spydie collection
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The Street Beat has been on my list for a long time... I need to just go ahead and get one!
:bug-red-white
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Christmas is coming...
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx Chambers.

sal
Tank

Post by Tank »

Congrats.... I felt the same way when I got mine a couple of years ago and every time I use it I still feel the same way.
-John
chambers

Post by chambers »

sal wrote:Thanx Chambers.

sal
Anytime boss man. It's not like I'm stretching the truth or anything. It's a phenominal blade and, I expect to have a second one by years end. It really is just that good. To all you guys procrastinating, make it happen, you will NOT regret it.

A former mentor once told me about a different discipline; "Simplicity in everything brings us closer to perfection. Simplicity has it's own elegance." The Street Beat embodies this masterfully. I am absolutely awed. I hate to go overboard and "gush" but man, everything is just so right about it.

It's simple, efficent, functional, CARRYABLE, and beautiful. There is a **** of a lot packed in that small knife. Best purchase I've made in a LONG time.
:spyder: Spyder bit. :spyder: Still no super powers though...
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

chambers wrote: To all you guys procrastinating, make it happen, you will NOT regret it.
Its now at the top of my list!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Ok, thanks to this thread, I finally stepped up to the plate and ordered the Street Beat. I'm sure I won't be disappointed! :D
:bug-red-white
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Put that one right up there with the best of the best Fixed blades Spyderco ever made....sexy, sleek,comfy and practical all rolled up into one...What's not to like! :D Doc ;)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
DrSpeed

Post by DrSpeed »

I'm a Fred Perrin admirer and hope to be able to afford one of his custom knives some day. For now I'm lucky to own a Street Bowie.
I only wish I had a used one... Perrins blades are users but I can't seem to get over the first scratch :eek:
Good luck with your Street Beat!
After the Para 2 it's next on my list.
Endura VG-10 Delica ZDP-189 Paramilitary all black Military CPM S30V camo Perrin Street Bowie Tenacious Kiwi 3 Ladybug serrated Byrd Cara Cara G10 Byrd Cara Cara Rescue Byrd Meadowlark Caly 3.5 UKPK Pacific Salt UKPK Rescue
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

DrSpeed wrote:I'm a Fred Perrin admirer and hope to be able to afford one of his custom knives some day. For now I'm lucky to own a Street Bowie.
I only wish I had a used one... Perrins blades are users but I can't seem to get over the first scratch :eek:
Good luck with your Street Beat!
After the Para 2 it's next on my list.
I'm with you there Dr. Speed....I was drooling last year as I prepared to make a trade for one of those original Perrin Street Bowies, (kinda like the Street Beat, only a little larger blade and nicer handles. Turned out that my trader did not have what I though he had and the trade went down the pipe....Oh well...but I'm still looking for one of those Street Bowies.....Some day! :cool: :cool::cool :D oc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

It's a wonderful little fixed blade. I can also recommend the non-spyderco Perrin Neck Bowie by Boker. For those times when you want the Street Beat, but need a lighter or flatter version. Same pattern, the FFG Neck Bowie is no slouch in the cutting department either. The PPT follows the Street Beat pattern nicely too.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Owl45

Post by Owl45 »

gbelleh wrote:Ok, thanks to this thread, I finally stepped up to the plate and ordered the Street Beat. I'm sure I won't be disappointed! :D
You won't regret it.
I'm not really into fixed blades anymore, but this one is just so dang outstanding. Not huge, so easy to carry. F&F are outstanding. Fits the hand like it was custom made for you.

As others have said, unlike many of my knives, this is one I will never even consider getting rid of.

It's easy to see why Sal considers it so perfect a knife it will never be discontinued.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Owl45 wrote:You won't regret it.
I'm not really into fixed blades anymore, but this one is just so dang outstanding. Not huge, so easy to carry. F&F are outstanding. Fits the hand like it was custom made for you.

As others have said, unlike many of my knives, this is one I will never even consider getting rid of.

It's easy to see why Sal considers it so perfect a knife it will never be discontinued.

I agree but I wish that were true....seems like all collabs with custom makers come to an end at sometime...so I wouldn't wait too long before getting one for sure.....Doc :D