Which is your fav. Spyderco folder at this very moment? And why?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Masayako

Which is your fav. Spyderco folder at this very moment? And why?

Post by Masayako »

Which is your fav. Spyderco folder at this very moment? And why? :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :) :spyder:
Masayako

Post by Masayako »

For me, it's my Sage I.

Why? Because:
1. Light weight
2. Feels great in my hands
3. Love the CF scale
4. Fit nicely in my pocket
5. Price reasonable
6. Love the clip
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Right this moment? Paramilitary 2. After carrying it almost everyday for 2 1/2 months, it's the best EDC knife I've ever had. I can't find one complaint about it. The action is solid and buttery smooth, the blade is just the right size and shape, and ergonomics of the handle along with the nicely beveled G-10 give it an almost pillow-like softness in the hand. I think the only thing that might eventually bump it from my pocket is the S90V Paramilitary.

But, my favorite to look at right now is the red Persian.
:bug-red-white
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

At this moment, has to be the Kiwi if only because there are about six dozen of them within arms length. :eek: :o :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
swissknife
Location: beautiful switzerland with not so ugly knive-laws anymore.. ;)

Post by swissknife »

SS Police. lot's of blade, slim-line, quick draw.. me likey! :)
Chris_H

Spyderco Manix 83mm

Post by Chris_H »

Right now, it's the mini-Manix in CE. I always enjoy using it! I pulled it out again after reviewing my collection for some photos of foliage green :spyder: s. I had stashed this model in my deployment kit in my last unit, but now I'm just carrying it for EDC.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

Still carrying my BobT with pearl inserted in the divots for the (removed) clip.
Slim, don't notice it in my pocket, light, opens and closes easily with one hand, just the right size, perfect blade shape for most of my cutting chores and I can get it pretty sharp. Also, it is aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.
crankitup

Post by crankitup »

I'm torn between my Persian and my M4 G10 Ti Military... :spyder:
xavierdoc

Post by xavierdoc »

At the mo, my Gayle Bradley is seeing the most pocket and fondling time.

It takes a stunning edge with minimal effort, "frictionless" snickety-slick opening, vault-like lock-up, aesthetic and ergonomic appeal... I could go on!

Only downside so far is the need to keep the blade lightly oiled (which only adds to its soul and character, so far.)
tanrichguy

Post by tanrichguy »

gbelleh wrote:Right this moment? Paramilitary 2. After carrying it almost everyday for 2 1/2 months, it's the best EDC knife I've ever had. I can't find one complaint about it. The action is solid and buttery smooth, the blade is just the right size and shape, and ergonomics of the handle along with the nicely beveled G-10 give it an almost pillow-like softness in the hand. I think the only thing that might eventually bump it from my pocket is the S90V Paramilitary.

But, my favorite to look at right now is the red Persian.
What he said. 'cept for the favorite to look at (although I have the red Persian too). I'm ogling a smallfly I received yesterday.
Spyderco C60P Massad Ayoob avatar courtesy of Dialex.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

The one I'm waiting for. :D
sid_kid

Post by sid_kid »

Without a doubt my Harpy. It is such a sick looking blade, and while there are some more bada** Spyderco knives out there, that one has a EDC value and a WOW factor that will knock a lot of people on the rear ends. It is beautiful and valuable in work, play and emergency use. It is the knife that I carry more than any other and I own 25 plus blades. I suppose a Civilian would be a choice that locks in a meaner appearance and feel, but try carrying that in a lot of jurisdictions without a concealed permit. Here in Florida, they are strict about what you can bring along with you all of the time...

By the way, I am way happy this is the first post on the forums. Long live Spyderco...
catamount

Post by catamount »

At the moment, it's the Ti Lum Chinese. Classic eye pleasing design with clean lines, >3" FFG VG-10 leaf blade, smooth action, and titanium scales. It feels great in my hand, and is more practical in use than I anticipated.

It works fine for me left-handed, but I'd love a lefty version.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
mnaylo3

Post by mnaylo3 »

Manix 2 CTS-XHP...partially because I just got it and partially because it fits my hand like a glove. And I'm really liking XHP so far
Mini-Persian, Stretch 2, XHP Manix 2, PE Caly Jr, Almite Co-Pilot Sprint
LDB

Post by LDB »

Assist I Orange, Atlantic Salt Yellow and Rescue 93mm Blue because I like the blades and the looks.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Caly 3 VG10-G10 for me. Perfect size for my EDC needs. Compact, wire clip, light weight and steel that's not too hard to sharpen.
jldc

Post by jldc »

At this moment, Mule Team Damascus.
bh49

C83 Persian

Post by bh49 »

C83 Persian today as well as last 4+years.
Gorgeous knife
Great ergos
Wonderful slicer
It is every day in my pocket since August 2006 (except when I go out of state)
Caly3/3.5 come close
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Right now, its my SS Navigator II that I just picked up. Its a perfect office EDC. Of course, that might change when my next knife comes...
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
swissknife
Location: beautiful switzerland with not so ugly knive-laws anymore.. ;)

Post by swissknife »

catamount wrote:At the moment, it's the Ti Lum Chinese. Classic eye pleasing design with clean lines, >3" FFG VG-10 leaf blade, smooth action, and titanium scales. It feels great in my hand, and is more practical in use than I anticipated.

It works fine for me left-handed, but I'd love a lefty version.
that post alone makes me re-think of getting a phoenix and just go for the lum instead.. thank you! :)