"Dang...that cuts good."

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Blerv

"Dang...that cuts good."

Post by Blerv »

My second job is a barista at Starbucks. It's not exactly a knife-y environment but we have a ton of crappy box cutters around.

Refusing this I carry my white SE Ladybug. Tonight a very young coworker asked if I had my "little knife" because she wanted help cutting the flaps off a cardboard box.

Well without any resistance I cut the 4 flaps off in 4 quick pulls. She said the above phrase and was pretty shocked.

You peeps have any stories of Spydie task pwnage and impressed coworkers?
Rambo241

Post by Rambo241 »

All the guys at work have their box cutters with fresh razor blades... They always go into shock when they see the shrink wrap fall off of the pallets of groceries in fear of my Endura. :D
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

hey guys,
i let a co-worker use my d4 to cut the cotton straps on one of the aprons we wear at work, the green ones used in welding shops. and he was amazed at how easily my knife cut them. he said, "**** that thing is sharp!"
the next day he asked to borrow the knife again, and after using it he said, "if you ever go to sell that knife, i'll but it from you."
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

On Saturday, my son's soccer team received its new banner. It was shipped to the team mom, sealed in heavy polyethylene, inside a cardboard box. Her nails were not up to the task.

Before she had even figured out her problem, the Urban was out, the plastic was sliced, and the banner and stand were dumped on the ground.

"Oh, great -- a knife!"

Indeed.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Yesterday I had a female co worker slicing away at stacks of paper just enjoing the sharpness of my ladybug hawkbill and paramilitary. It was pretty funny. she was pretty surprised at the sharpness of such a small knife
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Well, at our last gun club meeting, I cut open a package of envelopes with my honeybee and I left it open while I counted out a few. One of my fellow members picked it up and was really surprised that it sliced paper as smoothly as it did. He had a big smile on his face and a lot of fun while shredding a sheet of bond paper.
ffbeerd

Post by ffbeerd »

I went to a beer crawl where we dressed up like pirates. When we grabbed lunch before hand, some people were still getting their outfits ready. A buddy was going to cut up a shirt with some cheap scissors and I offered my Yojimbo...

He said "Dang man, you sharpen this thing every day?!"
cckw

Post by cckw »

In a bit of different direction. I was doing some work in an insurance corporate facility that employs a couple hundred at that location. I was working in the lobby near the security desk. I got out my small pocket knife to do something, the security guard comes over and says "do that in there (nearby room), pocket knives are not allowed in the building". So now I discreetly flash him the knife of the day when I'm in there. He does the Sgt Sholtz thing.
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

I used to work at mcdonalds with a lot of filipinos. I always carried my paramilitary which they called a "cutter" and they borrowed it a couple million times for opening boxes and such. "Aye SUS! So sharp!" Anyway, they made me honorary filipino because I carry a knife. Now that I've been gone, sadly they've gone back to using their car keys to cut open taped boxes.
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

In the shop I work at we have 45"x48" corrugated plastic pads and similar size sheets of cardboard we use to pack out parts. These have to be cut to size to make sure the finished castings do bang against each other while shipping.

My co-workers constantly ask to borrow my knife to cut these up. Every time my knife is borrowed to cut these sheets i get the response that my knife is too sharp or that my knife doesn't need to be that sharp :rolleyes: . My constant reply is its a knife its supposed to be sharp. One person constantly refers to my knife as a Ginsu.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

DMgangl wrote:One person constantly refers to my knife as a Ginsu.
Blasphemer!
eshishlo

Post by eshishlo »

My little brother hit deer with his car on the way to church one Sunday. It was a 12 point buck and demolished the front end of his Suzuki Esteem. We couldn't let that meet go to waste so we brought it home and took it apart on the front driveway. My dads uncle came over to help and I brought out my only Spyderco at the time, a S30V Native. Every one smiled and commented that I had given him such a small knife to skin such a large deer. My brother even brought out his Sales Man's Cutco set of knives as he sold them then. Well, several hours later my dad's uncle handed me the knife and stated that it was the most comfortable and sharpest knife that he had ever used. Perfect grip for taking apart a large buck. We bought almost no meat that year.
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I had a delica situation at work in which things were fended off by using the absolutely scary spyderedge.

After that people at work called me Lorena for some time.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy