Official Sprint Request Poll - Schempp Kris

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Do you want a Kris Sprint Run?

Yes, yes, oh goodness YES!
57%
No, I'm a party-pooper :p
43%

Total votes: 79

HotSoup

Official Sprint Request Poll - Schempp Kris

Post by HotSoup »

Simple as that ladies and gentleman.
Do we, or do we not want an Ed Schempp Kris Sprint Run?

Maybe get some of that beautiful red G-10? Though, I really wouldn't mind seeing another colour G-10 either.

My vote is YES.

PS Thanks Sal and Ed for the Red Persians! Gave a young newbie like me the chance to pick up a true classic.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

I'd like a Kris sprint run. I am not picky on the color - as long as it isn't green or orange.

I'm trying to collect all of Ed's spydies and the Kris is really out of my reach right now. There's no rush for a sprint. I can wait a few years.
v8r

Post by v8r »

I vote heck yes!!!! :D I'm Ok with red, but would like dark green with Brass pins.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

^Brass bolsters! and brown Micarta?!?! or Desert Ironwood?
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I was lucky enough to find a great deal on an original Kris, but I'd definitely get a sprint too. I think dark green G-10 would be very cool.
:bug-red-white
markg

Post by markg »

I don't see where this is a great candidate for sprint run. As far as I can tell the original did not sell all that well.

I would rather seem more new knives than a ton of sprints. IMHO.
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

markg wrote:I don't see where this is a great candidate for sprint run. As far as I can tell the original did not sell all that well.

I would rather seem more new knives than a ton of sprints. IMHO.
I also believe the original was regular production, so they probably made way more than they sold, and it was considered a 'failure'? Don;t quote me on that, its just my best guess.

They can always do a small sprint of 600. 200 will automatically be sold to CC members, leaving 400 for the rest of us, whom will definitely buy multiples. I'm pretty sure a small sprint would do just fine.
Joe Internet

Post by Joe Internet »

I would like a G-10 model similar to the upcoming G-10 Persian.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I voted no for the simple fact that a Schempp sprint just came out. Nothing personal aganist Ed, I just think it would be nice to get different types of sprints .

Please note: I am not trying to say that just because Ed has had a recent sprint means there should never be any more, just not this early after one recently being relaease. I'd rather a dodo, jester, lava caly jr, etc sprint first.
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

cosmo7809 wrote:I voted no for the simple fact that a Schempp sprint just came out. Nothing personal aganist Ed, I just think it would be nice to get different types of sprints .

Please note: I am not trying to say that just because Ed has had a recent sprint means there should never be any more, just not this early after one recently being relaease. I'd rather a dodo, jester, lava caly jr, etc sprint first.

You do realize this poll, if Sal takes it to heart AT ALL, won't materialize into a knife FOR MONTHS? PERHAPS EVEN OVER A YEAR?

Not like the Kris will be made for a long time. A vote YES just means you'd like to see one eventually. Spyderco has tons of models in the works as we speak....
2cha

Post by 2cha »

HotSoup wrote:
They can always do a small sprint of 600. 200 will automatically be sold to CC members,
The last time I checked, there weren't nearly that many active CC #s.

I missed out on the Kris first time around, and would probably buy one.
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

2cha wrote:The last time I checked, there weren't nearly that many active CC #s.

I missed out on the Kris first time around, and would probably buy one.
Where did you check? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing the number as 200. I very well could be wrong.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Soup... easy... I know this is a poll and do not expect this to materialize over night... Just contributing to the thread.
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

cosmo7809 wrote:Soup... easy... I know this is a poll and do not expect this to materialize over night... Just contributing to the thread.
And I'm just pointing out that your reasoning for a 'no' vote, as stated by you, is flawed.

If you simply don't want to see a Kris sprint, than thats fine, vote No.

If you want to see one eventually, vote Yes.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Maybe some time in the future, but not at this time. I voted 'no' (sorry :( )
It's barely been two weeks since the last sprint and asking for another one so soon after one just came out kinda seems inappropriate :(

I'm perfectly fine and grateful that Spyderco answered our call by making the Red Persian.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Jay_Ev wrote:Maybe some time in the future, but not at this time. I voted 'no' (sorry :( )
It's barely been two weeks since the last sprint and asking for another one so soon after one just came out kinda seems inappropriate :(

I'm perfectly fine and grateful that Spyderco answered our call by making the Red Persian.
Thats what I was trying imply(maybe I did not do such a good job).
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

YES ! of course..... the options should have been
1) Yes :)
2) **** YES !!! :p
3) All of the above :D
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
markg

Post by markg »

Yea, I think forum members get some "sprint fatigue" after awhile. Half of all new threads are "Please Sal can we have a Vagabond Sprint PLEASE!!!" The other 1/3 are "what color should the new forum knife be!?!?"

I know this hobby can be that way, I have to resist the urge to lust after the next new knife.
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

Hahaha, well its all Spyderco's fault! They got us hooked, and now like crack-addicts we want more :D :D
Phrenik

Post by Phrenik »

I do agree with both sides on this, and given the idea that it will not be something thought about for months, I did vote yes. Hopefully in a dark Pine green color with brass screws/rivets. And I don't know about the legalities/others idea on this / ability to make it - But I was thinking if the Kris's tip was to be more recessed in the handle, then perhaps a short portion of it could be sharpened, so it has a double edge like dagger/ kris. but I know there are a lot of barriers, and lesser value in terms of functionality. Its just a thought I wanted to tickle