Gayle Bradley

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Grizzled Gizzard

Gayle Bradley

Post by Grizzled Gizzard »

Hi guys, I've been trying to get a Gayle Bradley for some time now, without success. Does anyone have an idea of where I could get one?

I think everyone is out of them, and I've tried everyone I could think of, even ebay, where I found exactly one for a cool $214.

Does anyone know when there will be some available?

Thanks a bunch,
GG
Grizzled Gizzard

:eek: No one even knows when there will be any? :eek:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'd contact the big name retail houses. Most of us are just enthusiasts :) .
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Grizzled Gizzard wrote: :eek: No one even knows when there will be any? :eek:
:) How would we be able to say? - it's a question only the Spyderco execs would be able to answer. Like just about every other manufacturer, Spyderco runs off a certain number of a specific model then moves on to another. What you're seeing is the vacuum caused by the demand for this totally excellent knife. It'll be back in stock at some point. It's possible that the people at SFO might have an idea - worth giving them a call.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Grizzled Gizzard wrote:Hi guys, I've been trying to get a Gayle Bradley for some time now, without success. Does anyone have an idea of where I could get one?

I think everyone is out of them, and I've tried everyone I could think of, even ebay, where I found exactly one for a cool $214.

Does anyone know when there will be some available?

Thanks a bunch,
GG
Eight in stock at Hand-tools.com :spyder:
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I talked to Mr. Bradley at the guild show he said the second run should be out soon.
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
Donut

Post by Donut »

"Gayle Bradley C134CFP - Carbon Fiber Scales - ON B/O - SPYDERCO EXPECTS MORE END SEPTEMBER"
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Grizzled Gizzard

Dude! You ROCK! Thanks a bunch!!
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Initially the end of last month was an estimate. Not trying to rain on a parade, but I've had one on order since June. I hope it's end of this month.
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I'd check out some of the forums, I've personally seen several for sale recently. The upside is they are usually cheaper too.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
Grizzled Gizzard

Pinetrebbs, I got one. Thanks for the rest of you guys's help too. I really appreciate the help.
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

I wonder if the M4 steel has anything to do with it? As the second knife to utilize M4 is the KnifeWorks exclusive Military and it was delayed as well, IIRC the new estimate was at the end of the year, which matches the schedule of the GB.
Donut wrote:"Gayle Bradley C134CFP - Carbon Fiber Scales - ON B/O - SPYDERCO EXPECTS MORE END SEPTEMBER"
At the beginning they probably shipped a big load of it to Taiwan but maybe they ran out, and are waiting for more from Crucible.
Dunno. :confused:
Grizzled Gizzard

I wonder if it takes longer to machine, or maybe the knives are so 'special' that they are tweaking things a bit to make them perfect. Totally guessing.

I missed pre ordering the M4 Milie. I called Knifeworks, and put me on the 'backup' list. I really really want one of these. Does anyone have any ideas?
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Grizzled Gizzard wrote:I wonder if it takes longer to machine, or maybe the knives are so 'special' that they are tweaking things a bit to make them perfect. Totally guessing.

I missed pre ordering the M4 Milie. I called Knifeworks, and put me on the 'backup' list. I really really want one of these. Does anyone have any ideas?
I'll make two predictions...some will show up on auction and BST sites...and they will sell for very high prices. :(
Climb14er

Post by Climb14er »

IMHO, the Gayle Bradley is a fantastic knife from Spyderco! One of the best I've ever seen from the company.

I had a backup to the one that I EDC, but gave it as a gift to a very close friend of mine here in Denver.

David is a former Israeli paratrooper, married, with three young children. His money is going to raising his family and funds for an EDC have been tight.

Parting with the backup and seeing the pleasure David has gotten EDC'ing the GB has given me a good feeling inside.

David is a really good man and deserves a knife the quality and caliber of the Gayle Bradley.

If you see a GB available, buy it! The GB is THAT good a knife! ;)
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Grizzled Gizzard wrote:Pinetrebbs, I got one. Thanks for the rest of you guys's help too. I really appreciate the help.
Fantastic, it is a gorgeous knife, even the the spacers are machined and finished perfectly. :spyder:
Grizzled Gizzard

That 'hand tools' place was not being honest or forthright. they had none in stock and took several days to let me know.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Grizzled Gizzard wrote:That 'hand tools' place was not being honest or forthright. they had none in stock and took several days to let me know.
I have hand two good experiences buying there, where did you get yours?