ZDP-189 FRN Stretch 2 Review with Pix and Video

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
So-Lo

ZDP-189 FRN Stretch 2 Review with Pix and Video

Post by So-Lo »

Dare I say, "the perfect EDC?"

If not, it's **** close!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WGOan4khrgA?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WGOan4khrgA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tb3FUIwG_9s?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tb3FUIwG_9s?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks for looking, please subscribe to my channel if you like what you see.

Tons of cool stuff coming up! (click me to see my YouTube channel)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Great pics and review :) . Thank you for sharing!
mrsteel

Post by mrsteel »

WOW the tire cut is pretty sweet!
P40_Warhawk

Post by P40_Warhawk »

So-Lo wrote:Dare I say, "the perfect EDC?"

If not, it's **** close!!!
Great video... Were those steel belted side wall tires?

When it comes to Spyderco there are so many perfect EDC it's almost impossible to pick one. However, even having said that, I agree it's definetly on the perfect EDC Spyderco list. :spyder: :D :spyder:
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

P40_Warhawk wrote:Great video... Were those steel belted side wall tires?

When it comes to Spyderco there are so many perfect EDC it's almost impossible to pick one. However, even having said that, I agree it's definetly on the perfect EDC Spyderco list. :spyder: :D :spyder:
I thought that the steel belts on tires just reinforce the treads and not the sidewalls.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This knife could be 100% better if one thing was changed....the front 50/50 coil needs to be either deeper, more rounded, or something because i feel like my finger is going to slip off and into the blade when i hold it there. Other than that, it's a great knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Sidewalls are nylon/kevlar cord reinforced, only some heavy as **** military tires are steel belt reinforced all around.
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Nice review and thanks for sharing. I love mine.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
kawr

Post by kawr »

Thanks for the videos and pics! Really dig your reviews and tire cuts. Completely agree with your assessment of the ZDP-189 FRN Stretch. The only improvement I can possibly even think about is maybe making a mini model of the Stretch with a 3 inch blade so that its legal for me to carry in more areas but thats not too important. Considering your impressive collection of Sebenzas, Striders, and Hinderers, thats some serious praise for the Stretch :D . :spyder: fanboy.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

kawr wrote:The only improvement I can possibly even think about is maybe making a mini model of the Stretch with a 3 inch blade so that its legal for me to carry in more areas but thats not too important.
UKPK drop-point?
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
So-Lo

Post by So-Lo »

kawr wrote:Thanks for the videos and pics! Really dig your reviews and tire cuts. Completely agree with your assessment of the ZDP-189 FRN Stretch. The only improvement I can possibly even think about is maybe making a mini model of the Stretch with a 3 inch blade so that its legal for me to carry in more areas but thats not too important. Considering your impressive collection of Sebenzas, Striders, and Hinderers, thats some serious praise for the Stretch :D . :spyder: fanboy.
Hey I ant' no stink'in fanboy.....

Wait....

Maybe a little! :D
So-Lo

Post by So-Lo »

jzmtl wrote:Sidewalls are nylon/kevlar cord reinforced, only some heavy as **** military tires are steel belt reinforced all around.
Yes, I have not run into steel belts around the sidewalls... Yet! :D

I did remember to upload these two videos in HD, so if anyone cares the close up shot of the sidewalls should show what I was working with. Also have to add that these are old tires, like 2-5 years old and are much stiffer than your tire on your car right now, whatever that's worth :D

Should be a setting on the playbar somewhere to switch it to HD? I'm not sure?