Knife Storage and Product Request

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TexSierra

Knife Storage and Product Request

Post by TexSierra »

Question for all you Spydie collectors. How do you store/transport your Spyderco collection? My first big Spyderpak is full and the second is on order, but I got to thinking about it. My collection is decent but not impressive by any means. There has to be another way to store/display/transport my collection rather than having several Paks hanging around.

Also, Spyderco team, have you consider making something we can use to display our Spydies, something similar to the Spyderpak but larger (50+ or even 100+ available spots)?
asfaltpiloot

Post by asfaltpiloot »

Robert

"Never leave home without a knife,
one day it may save a life"
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I display most of mine in curio cabinets. The ones I store, are in a drawer, in their original boxes. As for transport, I've never carried huge quantities at once. Few times I've gone to shows I've used individual zippered pouches. Do have a couple small clear plastic compartmentized boxes meant for fishing lures in case I want to take a dozen or two Kiwis somewhere to photograph. Larger sizes of those boxes would work for larger folders.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

I have a little wooden box that so far has been able to fit my EDC knives. My other knives get stored in my closet.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Just build my own showcase few weeks ago...
My wife was ok hanging it in the study, next to the livingroom... :p

<:{{{{{>
Tom
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

hey tex,
i keep my knives in several lockable aluminium pistol cases, some single sided and some double sided. the corrugated foam inside keeps them from slipping around and they're very portable.
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

At the moment, I just use an airtight "rough tote" type plastic storage container/box a bit bigger than a shoebox. I got it simply because I got some nice knives at a time during the summer when it was super humid, so I wanted to protect them with an airtight box. I keep them either loose or in their original boxes. It works a lot better than having them loose on my dresser or in a drawer, I know where all the unused ones are at all times
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

If it's the regular s30v native, you can get it for $52 w/free shipping on amazon. be warned that the customer service won't match someone who's a real dealer
JRSFITNESS

Post by JRSFITNESS »

Several companies sell magnetic strips that screw to a wall. I have a good portion of my collection displayed that way.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

TexSierra wrote:There has to be another way to store/display/transport my collection rather than having several Paks hanging around.
This is how I display

Shadowboxes from Home goods store, under $20 each.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I use two spydie-packs(30) side by side so it looks like one wall of pure knife heaven.

When I first got my spydie-pack I felt like my darker colored knives(black, green, CF, etc) "blended" in with the black material of the spydie-pack.

I then measured the size of the pockets and cut white rectangles out of computer paper the size of the pocket and slipped it in the pocket.

Now, dark colored handle knives "stick out" better.
TexSierra

Post by TexSierra »

bh49 wrote:This is how I display

Shadowboxes from Home goods store, under $20 each.

You, sir, are a genius! I have the Spyderpak on the wall and it works well and allows me to easily rotate my carry, but I like that setup a lot.