can i join the cult of the curved ones now?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sharpguitarist

can i join the cult of the curved ones now?

Post by sharpguitarist »

i've been wanting one of these for a while. heard so many good things about this blade style that i had to try one out.
kept passing on the ss version, but this little beauty came along and now i'm hooked......get it? hooked! ha!

thanks for looking!
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

Thats a Harpy right?
Didn't know there was a G-10 version. Looks great. Good catch!
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

G-10 Harpy!!! Nice knife. It is on my list of "grail knives". Whenever one pops up, something always prevents me from getting it. Enjoy your new knife.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

I finally got one of these a little while back. Definitely the best version of the Harpy in my book. I just wish they would do a G-10 Spyderhawk! :eek:

This has become my main EDC knife now. Usually with another Spyderco in the other front pocket. (And of course, the Ladybug Hawkbill that is on my keyring.)

I wish it was still in production. I would buy at least two more! :D
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Nice! I've been enjoying the hawkbills recently too. Just got a CF Harpy and a PE Merlin in the last few weeks. The G-10 looks like it would be great to use.
:bug-red-white
v8r

Post by v8r »

bohica1998 wrote:I finally got one of these a little while back. Definitely the best version of the Harpy in my book. I just wish they would do a G-10 Spyderhawk! :eek:

This has become my main EDC knife now. Usually with another Spyderco in the other front pocket. (And of course, the Ladybug Hawkbill that is on my keyring.)

I wish it was still in production. I would buy at least two more! :D
Or a H1 with stainless handle like a Mariner......I would be on that like white on rice.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Agent Starling

oh, yeah, I know the symptoms...

Post by Agent Starling »

I can tell why you're giddy...ha!...a major congrats on a good find! (I have a couple of those meself! ;) )

Enjoy!!

Agent Starling :D
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Friend of mine has a G-10 Harpy...I'd love to get one myself one of these days. At least I have my Tasman... :)
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
BHDKnifer

Post by BHDKnifer »

Very nice! Looks good with the orange para-cord. I noticed something special about the blade on the G-10 version that is different from the FRN versions, can anyone else see it? Did Spyderco ever produce a G-10 FRN merlin or did the H-1 take over about that time? Take care.
:spyder: Control the HEAD...and you control the SNAKE! :spyder:
:spyder: Integrity is being good even if no one is watching :spyder:
Spyharpy

Post by Spyharpy »

Nice pictures and welcome to the club of hawbills. Agent Starling and I (probably the biggest Harpy fans on this site) officially welcome you to our exclusive club. :) I'm a plain edge fan so it's only the Merlin and carbon fiber versions for me.

Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I must need my eyes checked because lately it seems whenever I focus on one thing I actually see four. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
JT

Want to join? Here's the Secret ritual...

Post by JT »

sharpguitarist wrote:i've been wanting one of these for a while. heard so many good things about this blade style that i had to try one out.
kept passing on the ss version, but this little beauty came along and now i'm hooked......get it? hooked! ha!

thanks for looking!
later,
don
Ahh yesss... welcome to the other side. As you'll find out, there are plenty of us curved ones nuts.. and as soon as you put the hook to the test, you'll be hooked forever too :p

As the founding member of the "mysterious" Cult of the curved ones, I shall reveal what to do if you want to join:

As a secret ritual, please open and close your Harpy for 5 times in a row, with your non-dominant hand, without cutting yourself.

I hereby announce you as a new member. Your love for the curved ones is enough. Welcome to the C.O.T.C.O. :D
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

thanks guys,
i feel very grateful to be accepted into such a prestigious group. i'd like to thank.....ha!
already put the harpy to work at my job, cutting nylon staps from cardboard box bundles. just a little tug, and "snap".
now i've just gotta get my hands on a civie!!!!
thanks again!
later,
don
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

I have a PE Tasman (first hawkbill knife) on it's way and i'm anxious to start putting it to the test. It's no civilian but i'm hoping that i'll get hooked on them to :D ...
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Gee, I wonder if I qualify too? I do have a FEW hawkbills! :D

(Hmm, old pic. None of the four Matriarchs is in this one!)
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I too am a big fan of the hawkbills.

My CF Harpy get quite a bit of pocket time as well as my beater merlin.
Oh and dont forget my Matriarch.

I have owned a spyderhawk which was quite simply a beast and have a few tasmans which I loved.
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

that's a **** of a collection you have there Bohica!
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

ClusterFlux wrote:that's a **** of a collection you have there Bohica!
i'll second that!
i've gotta get one of those hawkbilled ladybugs!
later,
don
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Thanx, but as I said, that pic doesn't show ALL of them. I have four Matriarchs too. One black (Until recently, unknown variant not currently listed in the Spydiewiki yet), one grey, and both of the new browns.

I really DO need to take some new pics! :D