Spyderco UK visit?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The General

Spyderco UK visit?

Post by The General »

Are Spyderco planning a visit to the UK in the next 12 months or so?

Would be nice to meet the gang again ;) and introduce some new blood to the brand. :D

Any plans Sal? :spyder:
My real name is Wayne :D
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

That would be great - when/where was the last visit? :)

EDIT: Not sure when it will be but a Spyderco stand at Knives-UK 2011 would do a roaring trade, especially if Sal & the guys/gals would meet and greet the fans :D
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
The General

Post by The General »

The last meet up I attended was at the Royal Armouries in Leeds in 2007 IIRC. Not really been able to visit the forums for a while for several reasons so I do not know if there were meets after this.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Ahh, I have heard of the Leeds meet but wasn't into Spydercos then. It would be nice if any future meet was a bit further south than Leeds ... well, for me anyway :D
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

The General wrote:The last meet up I attended was at the Royal Armouries in Leeds in 2007 IIRC. Not really been able to visit the forums for a while for several reasons so I do not know if there were meets after this.
There haven't been any since then :(

Fairlane and I stayed with UK Ken and had a great time during the 2007 meeting. Think we said hi to you as well Wayne ;)

Sverre
UK KEN

Post by UK KEN »

They were all good meetings in the UK and very much appreciated by all of those who attended. It would be wonderful if Sal and the team were able to get over again and I'd be more than happy to help out with any arrangements.

I too have been unable to be involved with a number of forums because of circumstances but still lurk and try to keep abreast of developments in the knife world. It was good to spend some time with Henning, Sverre and Frank and you are welcome anytime.

Cheers, Ken
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Hi Ken :D Hope to get an excuse from :spyder: to take some time of from work and visit :cool:
The General

Post by The General »

Sverre my friend, it was good to meet you!

Now Ken has spotted this thread... :D I sense the possibilities of a plan! ;) :D

Fingers crossed we can work something out over the next year or so! :D
Ed Schempp

The Meets

Post by Ed Schempp »

The meets were very enjoyable. They were a learning experience for me and a way to make more friends. They were very expensive for Spyderco. I believe the actual costs were over $100 per person that attended. The last year that I went with Spyderco, customs held both shipments into Europe resulting in an addition $1500 for the Netherlands meet, and I have no idea at the expense of mailing the stuff to the UK as the shipment there was not cleared in time for the UK meet in Leeds.

These meets are really a testimonial to Sal's obsession with having first hand knowledge of the ELU and affi's feedback to make a better more suitable product for their needs. Spyderco stands alone in its effort to meet the needs of its market...TAke care...Ed
The General

Post by The General »

We all certainly appreciate the time, money and effort put in Ed!

I suppose its going to be too expensive then to do, what with the current economic climate. :(

Perhaps a table at next years UK knife show and sell Spyderco knives with signed boxes from Sal? That ought to go some way towards recouping any costs as well as a good chance to meet up with us lot?

Though I doubt the dealers would be happy with you selling direct to the general public. I don't know the ins and outs involved so I will simply say if I can help in any way possible, I am here and willing.

Regards,

Wayne