How do you carry your Street Beat?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FLYBYU44

How do you carry your Street Beat?

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I just traded into a Street Beat on the USN. Super sweet little fixed blade, very beefy and just fits the hand awesome. You can tell Fred designed it, it's got his little touches all over it. Mine is in very nice shape, but it is the older version that comes with the Teklock. This works well on my belt, but since I'm carrying in an urban environment I want it to be concealed a little better. I will probably get a G-clip for it soon. I want to know how other Street Beat owners carry theirs? Some pics to give me ideas would be awesome too. Also I keep reading about how small it is and frankly I expected it to be tiny, it really isn't. I held it up to my Large Sebenza and the blades are nearly identical for length, but the handle is a little shorter. Quality on this thing is amazing too, looks like a custom, love it!
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
frontline29

Post by frontline29 »

I belt carry mine with the G-clip. (right side 3 o clock position) I don't tuck my shirt in so it covers it up real nice and doesn't print.
I also live on the city and have been belt carrying it there for over a year now. Sometimes it's in plain site, sometimes it's concealed. I have never had any problems with it what so ever. Not even a second look.

The Street Beat is a must own IMO.
HistoricalMan

Post by HistoricalMan »

Considering the warm Summer weather and the fact that I'm currently wearing shorts a lot, I primarily carry my Street Beat in my right front pocket. I find that it's the perfect size for this and doesn't even print.

Also, as I haven't carried it in any other position yet, I'm looking forward to the release of Spyderco's MALICE adapter for the G-Clip. It should offer the opportunity to mount my Street Beat to my Maxpedition Versipack and some of my North Face backpacks.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Can you post some pics of how your carry and concealment methods? I've always wanted a streat beat but I can't think of how to conceal it.
psychophipps

Post by psychophipps »

I carry mine at 3 o'clock as well.

I had a G-Clip custom sheath made by Matt at Invictus Kydex and it fits like a glove. Far superior to the stock sheath in every aspect from retention, to build quality, to mounting hole placement on both sides of the blade for more options for carry. I got the VersaCarry model with extra mounts for a MercHarness rig if I ever decide to get one. To call this sheath top-notch is to call the mercedes E-Class "An Ok car".
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Can you post some pics of how your carry and concealment methods? I've always wanted a streat beat but I can't think of how to conceal it.
Don't own a street beat but I like to carry my crkt triumph necker on my back side vertical position for the kydex,like 6 o'clock style :)
thewannabesurvivalist
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

HellHound wrote:Don't own a street beat but I like to carry my crkt triumph necker on my back side vertical position for the kydex,like 6 o'clock style :)
Yes, that would work. How easy is it to take out and put back into the sheath?
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

You might look at the KSF leather pocket sheaths. It might fit one of those.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

Be careful carrying this knife in a leather sheath inside your pocket. It is a wicked slicer and if you are not careful, will cut thru the KSF sheath if not worn on your belt.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

freeman7 wrote:Be careful carrying this knife in a leather sheath inside your pocket. It is a wicked slicer and if you are not careful, will cut thru the KSF sheath if not worn on your belt.
Yes, I was thinking that too.
bell

Street Beat

Post by bell »

Carry mine in the trunk of my car in the emergency kit.
noway

Post by noway »

Anyone take off the clip and use it as a neck knife?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

bell wrote:Carry mine in the trunk of my car in the emergency kit.
That's not actually carrying it, is it? Unless you're carrying the emergency kit. :D
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

I imagine it could carry well with IWB loop.
~ Nate
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

jujigatame wrote:I imagine it could carry well with IWB loop.
The problem I have here in our place is that we wear very light clothes so printing becomes an issue especially since I go to a lot of public places in the city. Our laws and ordinances don't really make it illegal but I wouldn't like being stared at because of that. Also since we are not allowed to carry our FAs IWB, a fixed blade on the belt might be mistaken for one and might get the LEOs called on me.
Tank

Post by Tank »

For a while I was carrying it on my belt but it now resides on the shoulder strap of my backpack handle down for easy draw. I havent had any issues out in public at all.
-John
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

To be honest the Teklock isn't bad, but I live in shorts in the summer months, so I want something that will carry IWB.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

FLYBYU44 wrote:To be honest the Teklock isn't bad, but I live in shorts in the summer months, so I want something that will carry IWB.
Have you looked for a regular clip that would attach or could be made to attach to holes in the sheath, that would keep it closer to your body and would work when wearing shorts.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

I've become much more interested in this knife recently...but yeah, unlike my folders I couldn't imagine carrying a fixed blade like this regularly in public. Certainly for hiking/camping etc
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

SteelDragon wrote:Have you looked for a regular clip that would attach or could be made to attach to holes in the sheath, that would keep it closer to your body and would work when wearing shorts.
I want to get the G-clip, but I haven't yet, I kind of wanted to see what everyone had to say and get some ideas first.