buying on line

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
redhawk44357

buying on line

Post by redhawk44357 »

I have been wanting a LH millie and will soon have the bucks. where do you all go for your knives? i am sure its cheaper than the local clock/knife shop. How about amazon? I dont buy alot of knives, sometimes at a gun show. Thanks ahead of time.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Most of my new ones have come from New Graham Knives. Mike Dye and his crew are great people to deal with.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Cant say I have ever bought off of amazon.

But my list of sites include.........
Ebay
USN
Bladeforums
Knife-bst
Candlepowerforums
Knivesplus
Newgraham
Countryknives
cutleryshoppe
knifecenter
yourcornerstore

I havent had a single problem with any of the dealers in that list. And the forum purchases i have done always go smooth as well! Happy hunting! :)
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Ive bought from Cutlery Shoppe, YourCornerStore, Keenzo, but have settled on Cutlery Shoppe as my main source since I get great customer service from Jeff, the owner. If you dont see something on his site, just give him a call.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

My vavorite is Cutlery Shoppe because they use USPS. When UPS delivers to my house and I'm not home they leave the box in the yard by the door. If I don't get it right away it could get rained on (in FL quick showers happen often). Also someone could be driving by and just pick it up. I do get a tracking # for USPS and can still tell when it will get to my house. Other than that I've used some of the others mentioned above as well. Cutlery Shoppe will use UPS if you request it. They have better insurance and better tracking.

Jack
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I like cutleryshoppe and knifecenter. I occasionally use YCS.

Lately I've been digging Poor_Fish on eBay. Namely because he/she/it doesn't act like an eBay store. Cheap pricing and "Buy it Now" is my thing. That and shipping is fast as heck.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I have used most of the ones already mentioned. No problems so far (knock on wood).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
bammann45

Post by bammann45 »

mainly cutleryshoppe and knifecenter, and a few from new graham. I had very positive experiences with all three.
mrsteel

Post by mrsteel »

Blerv wrote:I like cutleryshoppe and knifecenter. I occasionally use YCS.

Lately I've been digging Poor_Fish on eBay. Namely because he/she/it doesn't act like an eBay store. Cheap pricing and "Buy it Now" is my thing. That and shipping is fast as heck.
You can also buy directly from http://www.poorfish.com . There are some current coupon codes for the website only.

http://www.poorfish.com/t-three_ways_to_save.aspx

Enjoy!
AJF

Post by AJF »

I've had good luck, and very good C/S, from Poorfish.

Some even better Poorfish codes, courtesy of Gollum:

Summer10= $10 off $50
Summer20= $20 off $100
Summer50= $50 off $250

Andrew
setldown

Post by setldown »

AJF wrote:I've had good luck, and very good C/S, from Poorfish.

Some even better Poorfish codes, courtesy of Gollum:

Summer10= $10 off $50
Summer20= $20 off $100
Summer50= $50 off $250

Andrew
As an added bonus any order over 75.00 ships free at Poorfish.com
I picked up a Perrin PPT which they sell for 126.99 with the 20.00 off coupon and free shipping for 106.99 :)
Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

I like yourcornerstore.com, cutleryshoppe.com, and ive heard poorfish.com has some very good deals
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

mrsteel wrote:You can also buy directly from http://www.poorfish.com . There are some current coupon codes for the website only.

http://www.poorfish.com/t-three_ways_to_save.aspx

Enjoy!
Wow thanks! No idea they had a site now :)
rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com

Post by rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com »

I'm surprised no one mentioned Knifeworks. Roger is a nice guy and has good prices. I use Cutleryshoppe too.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

Pneumothorax wrote:Ive bought from Cutlery Shoppe, YourCornerStore, Keenzo, but have settled on Cutlery Shoppe as my main source since I get great customer service from Jeff, the owner. If you dont see something on his site, just give him a call.
jackknifeh wrote:My vavorite is Cutlery Shoppe because they use USPS. When UPS delivers to my house and I'm not home they leave the box in the yard by the door. If I don't get it right away it could get rained on (in FL quick showers happen often). Also someone could be driving by and just pick it up. I do get a tracking # for USPS and can still tell when it will get to my house. Other than that I've used some of the others mentioned above as well. Cutlery Shoppe will use UPS if you request it. They have better insurance and better tracking.

Jack
+1 on both counts. Jeff rocks, UPS sucks.
billinvegas

Post by billinvegas »

Have a question for you...
how does one find a discount code for "yourcornerstore.com" ?

Do you have to be a member / customer of their site?

thanks!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

billinvegas wrote:Have a question for you...
how does one find a discount code for "yourcornerstore.com" ?

Do you have to be a member / customer of their site?

thanks!
Most places that offer codes require you to sign up to receive promotional emails from them. As for YCS, given that their normal prices are rock-bottom low, I doubt they offer discount codes.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Joe Internet

Post by Joe Internet »

Does anybody have any experience with this ebay store?

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Sharpest-Store-On-The-Web
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

I have used those listed as well as:

Hand-Tools

Bento Box Shop
Spydieguys (eBay)

NG & YCS are very good too.
:spyder:
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

Poor Fish DOES have good prices, fast shipping, etc., but I would not recommend them if you don't like spam. I bought one knife from them, quite a while back, and I'm STILL getting junk mail from them. Even though I have blacklisted their emails. In fact, I had to trash another one today.

Knifeworks is great! Roger, or one of the ladies there, are very helpful and their low prices and fast shipping are hard to beat. He even managed to get me the new Matriarchs after most others were sold out.
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE