Impressed with the CF Stretch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com

Post by rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com »

The Deacon wrote:On one level that's one of those "if you have to ask, the answer for you is probably no" questions.

But, here goes anyway. The CF version is thinner. Its handles are slightly stiffer. It is a bit heavier. Then there's "pride of ownership", the force that makes some prefer a gold watch to a stainless one with the exact same movement. If none of those are important to you, and saving money is, then it's a no-brainer - go for the FRN. If all of those are important to you, then it's a no-brainer once again - spend the extra bucks for the CF. If it's a mixed bag, then you have to decide which characteristics are most important to you and make your decision accordingly.
Thanks so much. Of course, that is the logical answer and I was just posing a question to see what some answers would be. In my case, the knives I buy are almost all used for aesthetics, or viewing at my leisure. I carry my Delica 4 and use it, but the others are just for pleasure of ownership and the CF will be the better buy for me.