Why is Gayle Bradley popular?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

That's an interesting quote from Sal. Thanks for the insight.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

Zenith, what do you mean, you have sen some go for under $200? I hope you did since it is a $120 knife...
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

LorenzoL wrote:Zenith, what do you mean, you have sen some go for under $200? I hope you did since it is a $120 knife...
My bad. Must have been for 75$ then, really going on memory now (that is fading a bit today) and typed in a haste.
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
Jose Diaz

Post by Jose Diaz »

Gayle Bradley himself is a top notch maker. He is also one nice guy! He loves to teach and will tell you all about his approach in design and material choices. He makes knives that are, not only nice to look at, but are quite user friendly. Performance is very important to him.

He was a sponsored by Spyderco in BladeSports competition. During his tenure as a member of BladeSports he was involved in the development of the cutlery heat treatment of CPM M4. He uses this steel in his cutting competition blades, and a few of his pocket knives. His personal folder, that he made, has this steel.

CPM M4 became popularized by its use in the cutting competitions. I also recon it's popularity comes from its performance as well. It's a great steel. I use it myself in my competition knives.

It's not at all, not even a little stainless or rust resistant. But with a little care, it cuts like crazy, and it very tough despite it's hardness when heat treated properly.

respectfully,
Jose Diaz
rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com

Post by rkhndjr2000@yahoo.com »

Thanks to all, I am convinced the GB is a great knife and why it is.I have no need really for any knife, but that may hold true for many of you. But we must have our toys even at my age. I have an order in for the GB at Jeff's suggestion, and hope they will hit Cutleryshoppe this coming week. Can't beat $116 for one brand new IMO.