C101 Manix 2 Glowing EDC Forums Special Edition Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
burningpit

C101 Manix 2 Glowing EDC Forums Special Edition Knife

Post by burningpit »

Not sure if anybody has discussed this yet but here's a link regarding the EDC Forums Special Edition Manix 2 with Glow-in-the-dark handles and full flat ground S30V blade. If you aren't a member yet, be sure to sign up as the EDCforums is a great place for gear related discussion.

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/758 ... ate-thread
:spyder: Collector Club #092 :spyder:
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Sounds pretty cool and the EDC forums look interesting. I think I'll have to sign up.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

EDCforums is one of my favorite forums, it's got a great community.

The minimum run length is 600 so I'm sure they won't mind if a lot of non-edcforums.com people buy the knife. Jon, the admin, is pretty excited about this because edcforums.com has always had financial problems and this project could solve them for quite some time into the future.
Visual Articulation

Post by Visual Articulation »

Just signed up cool looking forum! Thx again yall!
Visual Articulation

Post by Visual Articulation »

Oh hey what about our forum Knife? Can We score a The UKPK with a black blade and Glow in the dark handle!!!! so ill have a little edc set !
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

EDC is my second home(as is CPF, blade forum, spydie forum :D )

Bunch of great guys!

Cant wait for the manix in GITD.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yeah, I saw this yesterday. I'm definitely planning to get one.
:bug-red-white
ousanas

Post by ousanas »

EDCF is one of my may Net homes :) I have been there since about month 3 of operations....

I am in for one, I wish they'd make moonglow handled ladybugs, I would buy SOOOO many.... ooo.. Moonglow handled FFG ladybugs... mmmmmmmmm

Anyway, I sold off my Manix 2 cuz it was a bit heavy and didn't get carried, the skeletonized liners make it much nicer. Plus I love supporting that forum.
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

I am also on EDC forums and really enjoy the community, I highly suggest joining!!

I am really excited about this forum knife with it being the first GITD handled Spyderco. I would really like to see the EDCforums hit their 600 goal
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

imagine what a blade swap would look like with the blackout manix...
In omnia paratus
BigBrad75

Post by BigBrad75 »

OMG I want this knife. I can't freakin wait. I was already addicted to the Manix's, obviously, but now I got another one to look forward to. hells yea
[CENTER]:spyder: G10 Jester with me at ALL times :spyder:
[/CENTER]
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

EDCF's is one of my other hangouts as well (I mostly lurk there however). I haven't gotten a Manix yet, but I'll be looking at getting this one, super cool glow in the dark !!
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
HaroldB

Post by HaroldB »

Oh yeah!
I love the EDC forum and this GITD Manix with FFG S30V will be an awesome knife ~ ; - )
niimo

Post by niimo »

Even though I haven't spent much time there, I have to agreed that there are some good folks at EDC. I am very excited about this run!
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

the way i read it is that he has a meeting to discuss. is it confirmed sal will grant the request? cause no 600 plus interest, no knife beng made to begin with right? i didnt want to read the whole thing. is there any conformation edcforums will have thier own forum manix. i would love one just for the collector angle at least. i dont really go there (no point imo) but would love any new manix from spyderco.
so what the word? any members from there got the inside info? :confused:
davibocce

Post by davibocce »

Do we know what color the handle G10 is going to be? And, +1 what SmoothOne said ... is this confirmed?

I will have to sign up at EDCForum now :D
:spyder: Manix 2 | Delica 4 FFG | Endura 4 FFG | Endura 4 G10 | Tenacious | Labybug 3 | Byrd Finch :spyder:
Donut

Post by Donut »

Another S30V Manix 2 sounds nice. I joined, but is there a minimum post requirement I have to hit?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

IIRC, a February 2011 production run date was mentioned, and more talks were supposed to take place with Spyderco this week. I hope this happens. I'd really like an S30V Manix 2, and GITD would be very cool.
:bug-red-white
davibocce

Post by davibocce »

gbelleh wrote:IIRC, a February 2011 production run date was mentioned, and more talks were supposed to take place with Spyderco this week. I hope this happens. I'd really like an S30V Manix 2, and GITD would be very cool.
Oh good. Hopefully by then whatever improvements to the CBBL (triggered by recent lock failure by hard use test in another thread) will have made into the Manix 2 design ;)
:spyder: Manix 2 | Delica 4 FFG | Endura 4 FFG | Endura 4 G10 | Tenacious | Labybug 3 | Byrd Finch :spyder:
burningpit

Post by burningpit »

I am in for one, I wish they'd make moonglow handled ladybugs, I would buy SOOOO many.... ooo.. Moonglow handled FFG ladybugs... mmmmmmmmm
Great idea! I would love to see a FFG black blade GITD handle Ladybug! :D And thanks everyone for showing support for EDCforums. Hopefully, we'll get word in the next few days as to the progress of the project.
:spyder: Collector Club #092 :spyder: