Another Resilience thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gac

Another Resilience thread

Post by gac »

I am really anticipating the Resilience's release. I'm getting antsy with the combined attributes of low price, flat grind, long blade, and G10 handle
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Aye, likewise. I was stoked enough about the Tenacious - the extra length here could make quite a difference. Will probably start modding my Tenacious once I get this, or maybe I'll start modding this and leave the Tenacious alone, either way, I'm not out 200 bucks if I screw something up.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I would still have to pay about $30 for shipping but I still want one. :D
cckw

Post by cckw »

I won't bother with one, I sold my tenacious and persistence. I am pretty good at sharpening, I just don't like to do it very often.
addylo

Post by addylo »

At the expected price point I can't see myself not picking one up. I'm sure I'll buy a Resilience just to have one in my meager collection. I'm still a fan of the Tenacious (and Persistence) even though I don't regularly carry it. I'm more likely to have my Manix 2 or Sage on me at any given time. But I'll grab the Tenacious for the occasional "dirty" job where I just don't want to use one of the better knives.
C142G, C10GPFG, C81G2, C101G2, C122, C123, C11BK, C11PGRE, C41BK, C94PBL, C136G, C129CFP, C129GP, C148G, C75SS3, C28BK2, C28BK, C130G, C138, JGGY, LBK3, C137, C133
ToneGrail

Post by ToneGrail »

It looks like the Resilience could be a poor man's alternative to the military. I'm very anxious to pick one up.
davibocce

Post by davibocce »

I wish they use better screws on the resilience .. the ones on the Tenacious are so easy to strip.
:spyder: Manix 2 | Delica 4 FFG | Endura 4 FFG | Endura 4 G10 | Tenacious | Labybug 3 | Byrd Finch :spyder:
gac

Post by gac »

I'm still thinking about the Resilience. I keep checking the New Products announcements.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

It's a little big for my normal uses for a folding knife (too big for legal carry), but I'll probably get one eventually. It might be good to keep around the house as a large beater (currently I use a Byrd Cara Cara for that).
:bug-red-white
gac

Post by gac »

I have not forgotten.
JLS

Post by JLS »

I'm looking forward to this as a "poor man's Military" also. I sure won't be selling my Militaries, but I won't feel bad about using this one harder or even borderline abusing it.

And I know a number of guys that like my Military, but not the price. This should appeal to them as well.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
SHAUGHN_33

Post by SHAUGHN_33 »

Does anyone have any idea at all when this is going to ship out to retailers? im pulling my hair out over it, lol
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

The Resilience will serve an important purpose on keeping me from thumping on my future M4 Ti/G10 Millie. :D
Splice

Post by Splice »

I find a Millie too big to spend that much money on considering how little I would end up carrying it, however for what the Resilience will probably end up going for I can see myself adding it to the collection.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Seems like it could be any day now. A few sites have dates up for this big guy.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
ccf

Post by ccf »

I'm a big fan. The Resilience fills the gap for people who don't want to pay for a Military and/or Police, or for those who simply want a quality-made big folder and are on a budget. It can also serve as a big "beater".

I've just recently got into knives and bought my first Spyderco (a Tenacious). I've seen the comments about having to sharpen it (and the Persistence) often, but for the price, I don't see how you can beat them.

BTW, I haven't used my Tenacious enough to tell how durable the edge is going to be, but is having to sharpen it a lot a real problem for most people?
vic

Post by vic »

ToneGrail wrote:It looks like the Resilience could be a poor man's alternative to the military. I'm very anxious to pick one up.
military is lightweight, res' is going to be a steel-lined lump
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

If there is a fully serrated one, I'm in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

If price is similar to the Tenacious then count me in :D Could be a nice kitchen slicer.
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

vic wrote:military is lightweight, res' is going to be a steel-lined lump
Heavy compared to the Military, but probably light compared to a Buck 110. For the most part, folks who are buying less expensive knives seem to be ok with heavy, some even equate it with quality. My take on it is that this family of knives, like the Byrds, is not really aimed at "us". It's aimed at the casual knife buyer who can't believe anyone in their right mind would pay anywhere near the price of a Military for a pocket knife.
ChrisR wrote:If price is similar to the Tenacious then count me in :D Could be a nice kitchen slicer.
Would guess it will cost about as much more than the Tenacious as the Tenacious costs more than the Persistence.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!