Ladybug is amazing

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ProfessorMartini

Ladybug is amazing

Post by ProfessorMartini »

Since receiving my ladybug (2 weeks or so ago) I haven't used any other knife. Sure, I have a larger blade on me (but my large blade is still a small blade by most standards) but the Ladybug has done absolutely everything I've needed done. Probably because of my suburban lifestyle, but I don't need to cut thick strands or do any task where I feel like I'd better reach for the Delica.

I carry the LB loose in my right front pocket, where it's always handy to get at. I've even left the house with it being the only blade on my person a couple of times and I did not feel under prepared. And since I have no training with edged weapons, the self defense issue is no concern either. I need a lightweight knife that I can forget is there until I need it, and the LB works perfectly.

I wish the Dragonfly came FRN without the molded clip, but until that happens, the LB is my go to blade. There's always something bigger close at hand should the need arise. But so far? It hasn't.

Thanks to Sal for designing such a fantastic, practical tool I can take almost anywhere.
Delica 4 CE stainless, Terzuola, Urban Leaf, H1 Ladybug PE, Dragonfly FRN
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

you mean like this one? you should still be able to find it since these were recently made. glad you like the ladybug.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
losabio

Post by losabio »

My shirts generally have front pockets (a vestige from my days as a smoker), and a Ladybug in your shirt pocket is a great convenience indeed. I find myself sometimes trying to do as much as possible with the Ladybug, almost playing a little game where I get bonus points for using the Ladybug instead of my bigger EDC. The Ladybug is a knife that I might have overlooked if not for seeing the strong affection that it garnered here on the Spydie forums.
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

Ladybugs are AWESOME! I really love mine and in some cased I have bought extra of various colors because they are so cheap. I gave my wife a early generation red one and a pink one, she loves it!!!

If the white FRN Dragonfly doesn't suit you, you could also go with a G10 Dragonfly with wire clip

- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Ladybugs do rock! I love my orange one :)
I will have to pick up an H1 LB soon and a FG one!

Congrats on yours! I would reccomend the G10 Dfly with the wire clip ;)
Vic
pjt

Post by pjt »

tonydahose wrote:you mean like this one? you should still be able to find it since these were recently made. glad you like the ladybug.
ooh, I'd love a FRN Dragonfly with a "real" clip.. Just like in the SS version (which I do have :cool :) No hits on eBay for those currently though..

-pjt
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

That one doesn't have a molded clip? Wow, I figured it was the same but white with VG10 steel.
spyderdog

Post by spyderdog »

Blerv wrote:That one doesn't have a molded clip? Wow, I figured it was the same but white with VG10 steel.
yeah....the white ones all have the molded clip as far as I know. I bought two of them and dyed them
Waco

Post by Waco »

I keep my Ladybug Salt SE on my key chain. It seems to make it easier to hold onto. I use my Endura PE more often, the Ladybug is great for times when I don't want to whip a larger knife and it gives me a choice between PE and SE.
spyderguy113

Post by spyderguy113 »

Ladybugs are awesome. I just purchased a Foliage green ladybug and love it. I just came across a White FRN ladybug here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SPYDERCO-LADYBU ... 41509edcca

I know this ladybug is discontinued but is it very desirable? If so, what is the most I should spend on this?
MCM

Post by MCM »

Hawk is my favorite.
Maybe a P/E Hawk is due?
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
HistoricalMan

Post by HistoricalMan »

I completely agree with you; the Ladybug is a fantastic little knife.

I lost my Ladybug a couple of weeks ago and plan on purchasing several so that I have backups.
spyderguy113

Post by spyderguy113 »

I wish I could get a hold of the hawkbill ladybug. I hope to get every color that was made of the ladybug 3.
spyderguy113

Post by spyderguy113 »

can someone tell me when the ladybug hawkbill was produced?
jldc

Post by jldc »

StangBang wrote:Ladybugs do rock! I love my orange one :)
I will have to pick up an H1 LB soon and a FG one!

Congrats on yours! I would reccomend the G10 Dfly with the wire clip ;)
I love Ladybugs and the FRN Dragonfly, but would strongly recommend against the G-10 Dragonfly. I like g-10, I like the Dragonfly, but I really disliked the G-10 version. Too heavy by far when compared to the FRN and very difficult to open. Just not as nice as the FRN version.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

MCM wrote:Hawk is my favorite.
Maybe a P/E Hawk is due?
Yes... yes it is. :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
Donut

Post by Donut »

tonydahose wrote:you mean like this one? you should still be able to find it since these were recently made. glad you like the ladybug.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that one came WITH a molded clip. I had one and sold it for that reason.

I think I misread it the first time. I was thinking, "Why would he want it with a molded clip?!"
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Couldn't have said it better myself!
spyderguy113

Post by spyderguy113 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SPYDERCO-LADYBU ... 41512ec91f

I see that this is a plain edge version of the safety orange ladybug; I'm beginning to collect the serrated version ladybugs, and was curious if the orange came serrated?
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I notice the picture is of a PE, but the description says SE.