Mule Projects Review, Halpern Titanium G-10 Grips *Full Coverage and New Colors*

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Marion David Poff
Banned

Mule Projects Review, Halpern Titanium G-10 Grips *Full Coverage and New Colors*

Post by Marion David Poff »

Part III

New Colors and Slim Grips....

So, these have been out awhile, but I have simply been too busy to do anything but put fires out.... Hopefully the fine folks at Halpern Titanium are not machining pitchforks.....

Some time back, Halpern Titanium added Pink, Gray, Light Brown and Earth Brown to their line-up of Green, Black and Orange.

In addition to all the quality and precision exhibited by the grips I have previously reviewed, these new scales remedy the most common complaint about the first offering, as they now come very close to the edge of the scales.

And, they are also offering a Slim Grip, and the gray set of grips in my images represents that offering.

So, I will go straight to the images, and I will add some information as we go...

The new colors...

The new colors next to the old colors sans the black.

And some "stylish" images showing the an old color vs a new color, and the tang coverage difference.

And an image showing the two Browns in comparison to the Ranger Green.

An image showing the differences in thickness between the Slim Grips, and the full thickness grips, which are similar to the first offering.

Showing the old and the new side by side...

And a stand-alone image of the Gray Slim Grips, which of the new offerings, is the one I prefer.

That's all for now, and feel free to ask any questions you might have.

And remember, if you like what you see, you might think about buying the scales of your choice before the next run of Mules is released, else they may not be available when you want them. Grips go fast when the Mules are let to run...

HalpernTitanium.com

Thank you,
Marion
Marion David Poff
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i like the new colors, good pics too by the way. one question i have, i see on the bottom of the handle the scales are very close to the steel but less so at the top of the handle. did they do this on purpose for better grip? i know i could sand them flush because i prefer my knives that way but do they offer an option of having the scales flush? even if the scales were slightly bigger than the blade it would be a **** of a lot easier to sand some G10 off, than the steel.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Marion David Poff
Banned

tonydahose wrote:i like the new colors, good pics too by the way. one question i have, i see on the bottom of the handle the scales are very close to the steel but less so at the top of the handle. did they do this on purpose for better grip? i know i could sand them flush because i prefer my knives that way but do they offer an option of having the scales flush? even if the scales were slightly bigger than the blade it would be a **** of a lot easier to sand some G10 off, than the steel.
Sounds like a good idea, but the DIY part of the market has been small for them, with the Mules, so these are set up to bolt on and be done....

As to the differing tolerance, I don't know...

Thanks for the kind words!

Marion
Marion David Poff
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

Nice review of the new grips and colors from Halpern. Those were great pictures also. I sure appreciate your dedication to the Mule Project. The information on your blog is invaluble to Mule owners. Thank You Sir!
Marion David Poff
Banned

billy blade wrote:Nice review of the new grips and colors from Halpern. Those were great pictures also. I sure appreciate your dedication to the Mule Project. The information on your blog is invaluble to Mule owners. Thank You Sir!
Thank you!

Marion
Marion David Poff
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I always very much enjoy your Mule updates, MDP. Think I will probably contact Halpern very soon for handle scales for at least one of my Chinese Mules, and probably get a spare set for the upcoming Carpenter BD1 Mules..
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Marion David Poff
Banned

defenestrate wrote:I always very much enjoy your Mule updates, MDP. Think I will probably contact Halpern very soon for handle scales for at least one of my Chinese Mules, and probably get a spare set for the upcoming Carpenter BD1 Mules..
Thank you.

And not unwise thinking.

Best,
Marion
Marion David Poff
uumikew

BHK Scales

Post by uumikew »

I talked to the boys at blind horse knives at a local show and they said they had sent you some scales to review. Any updates? Thanks,

-mike-
Marion David Poff
Banned

uumikew wrote:I talked to the boys at blind horse knives at a local show and they said they had sent you some scales to review. Any updates? Thanks,

-mike-
Yeah, I have some images of those coming soon.

But, they were prototypes, so I won't be doing a full review, until we see the regular production.

Best,
Marion
Marion David Poff
cckw

Post by cckw »

if I could back up time I would be the first to do a Mule blog and would then be the king of all things mule. ohhh! and then when folks wanted me to review their accessories I would demand chocolate.
gac

Post by gac »

Thanks for the update, Marion. Special thanks for the photos.
Marion David Poff
Banned

cckw wrote:if I could back up time I would be the first to do a Mule blog and would then be the king of all things mule. ohhh! and then when folks wanted me to review their accessories I would demand chocolate.
I can get chocolate? Darn it, I missed out again....

: )

gac wrote:Thanks for the update, Marion. Special thanks for the photos.
Welcome and Welcome!

Best,
Marion
Marion David Poff