Help me decide...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Which one do I want?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Caly 3 CF
18%
Stretch
50%
Manix 2 & Krein it
8%
Wait for a Dialex FFG
No votes
Wait for a Caly 3.5
13%
Tasman Salt
13%

Total votes: 40

defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Ooh, I didn't even notice the radio button for the Tasman. Would that be your first hawkbill? If so, GET IT. Having a hawkbill is like getting into knives for the first time. You will be amazed at the ease with which you untangle things (like yourself), separate matter into neat little piles, etc. Plus it looks primal and cool (and as a sidenote, I have put hawbills in the hands of 3 women and I thought they were all dead sexy with them), so there are definitely good things to be said for a nice sharp hawkbill!
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

My vote is with the Tasman!
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Defenestrate, I have a couple hawkbills and like them a lot. I am just not sure i like the ergos on the Tasman. And I have been trying to get an XHP Manix but no joy. The only ones left are at full MSRP, so I think the 154cm Manix2 will be getting Krein'd to FFG shortly.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
EyeSpyd

Post by EyeSpyd »

I vote Stretch, hands down. But if you like G10 scales.... I highly recommend a Delica 4 in G10 (full flat grind). What a freaking awesome knife (if you can swallow the price). I've been carrying it for about six months now and it is the perfect size, weight, balance/feel, just an all around excellent knife. But the Stretch will do everything the Delica 4 G10 will, but the Delica is going to look a whole lot better doing it lol.
My spydie sense is tingling.:spyder:
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Monkeywrangler wrote:Defenestrate, I have a couple hawkbills and like them a lot. I am just not sure i like the ergos on the Tasman. And I have been trying to get an XHP Manix but no joy. The only ones left are at full MSRP, so I think the 154cm Manix2 will be getting Krein'd to FFG shortly.
There are more CTS-XHP Manix2's coming.. I have a preorder for one, but it won't be until midsummer..

Which hawkbills do you have?
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

None are spydies yet, but I have a Boker Subclaw, and a Mike Cantrell custom ringed hawkbill.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?