Ladybug fans

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jowens

Ladybug fans

Post by Jowens »

So I just ordered my first Ladybug. What I'm wondering is, how do most of you carry them? Keychain? Pocket?

Also, where in the world can one get a cable keychain locally? Are they only purchased online or have you guys found them at hardware stores?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I carry mine by itself in my change pocket. I attached a small lanyard to to the back to make removal easy.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Cuervo

Post by Cuervo »

Grats on your ladybug, they're great little knives. I carry mine on my keychain or loose in my pocket.

I've not seen those cable keychains around locally. Just the usual split rings and such.
A specialty hardware store might stock them, but I've not seen them at Lowe's or Home Depot.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
thehunt

Post by thehunt »

Mine rides in the watch-pocket.

When skiing or hiking in winter, its attatched to the front zipperpull, just in case.
Si vis pacem parabellum
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Mine either rides loose in my RFP, or if it's in a combo setup- in my watch pocket with my Sage in the RFP.
MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL »

mine rides loose in the pocket or i have it on a ball chain around the neck

what color did you get?
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Carry a couple, usually the Hawkbill and Ladybug 2 Sheepsfoot in my pockets.
Jowens

Post by Jowens »

MANIMAL wrote:mine rides loose in the pocket or i have it on a ball chain around the neck

what color did you get?
I picked up a foliage green.
MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL »

nice i still need that one and the orange, blue, and red - but i have spent enough this last 2 weeks - the wife is really starting to wonder
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

I just picked up another Ladybug this week to replace my LFG3 SE (lost that one, but that's another story)

The new one is an unused SpyderEdge sheepsfoot Ladybug 2 (LBK II) that I was lucky enough to pick up in the UK. To be honest I probably should have chosen an exact replacement for my old Ladybug 3, but I'd never seen this model and I got over-excited and bought it!

I plan to carry it the same way I carried the last one, when I'm fishing - either on a neck lanyard alongside a Fenix E01, or attached to the wrist lanyard on the little 4" x 5" box I carry my stalking tackle in for river fishing. Ladybugs with SpyderEdge blades are perfect for preparing light fishing lines and fine detail work on small flies and lures, and this is pretty much the sole use of mine. It's perfectly capable of doing much more, but I like to reserve it for this light work so that it stays *very* sharp, and of course I carry a plain edge Delica clipped somewhere for my other cutting needs, and a Moran DP in my Versipak or on my belt if I'm planning on eating any of the day's catch :)
Jowens

Post by Jowens »

MANIMAL wrote:nice i still need that one and the orange, blue, and red - but i have spent enough this last 2 weeks - the wife is really starting to wonder

Yeah, I'm new to Spyderco (I've had a few SOGs over the years, but never got interested in knives until recently) and my girlfriend keeps asking why a new knife is showing up every couple of weeks.

The Ladybug will be my 4th Spyderco I've purchased this year, but I have a feeling this is just the beginning of the love affair.
MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL »

oh it is - when you start getting 4 knives in a week....not a month - THEN the GF can raise an eyebrow!

I'm new here to - lots to read and everyone has knowledge - pace yourself - because I cannot seem to :) All these colorful ladybugs are calling me !
angusW

Post by angusW »

I keep them loose in my pocket with a lanyard.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

MANIMAL wrote:nice i still need that one and the orange, blue, and red - but i have spent enough this last 2 weeks - the wife is really starting to wonder
Well, I guess your in luck (or I guess out of luck). There's a blue and red one on the 'bay right now. I already bought a couple of Jesters from this guy with no problems.
gundude73

Post by gundude73 »

my ladybug resides on my keychain, i hardly notice it. i highly recommend it.
Digicam Military
Digicam Paramilitary 2
Ladybug
Honeybee
Salt 1
Baliyo

-Matt
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

jabba359 wrote:I carry mine by itself in my change pocket. (Watch pocket) I attached a small lanyard to to the back to make removal easy.
Ditto...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
NaturalMystic

Post by NaturalMystic »

I attached small split rings to most of my Ladybugs, along with a McGizmo SS clip. I usually keep my H1 Ladybug in my watch pocket of my jeans, or clipped on a keychain with some other stuff.
Here's a pic so you can see what the McGizmo clip is. Since taking this pic I've got 2 Grasshoppers and I picked up the 154CM Manix2 this afternoon. Actually, since I got the Grasshopper a couple weeks ago I've been EDCing it as my small blade, giving my Ladybugs a rest. I prefer to use the $10 Grasshopper for mundane tasks instead of the much more expensive Ladybug.
KNIVES & POCKET TOOLS: Benchmade Mini Griptilian 556, 556SBK, Ritter Mini Grip. Spyderco 2x Caly3 G10, 1x Caly 3.5, 1 PM2, Delica1 SE, Delica4 PE, Salt1, Ladybug1, Ladybug2, 2x Ladybug H1, Pacific Salt, Dragonfly FRN, Dragonfly2 FRN, Dragonfly G10, Jester, Bug, Honeybee, 2x Grasshoppers, G10 154CM Manix2, Jerry Hossom Forester.
Others: RAT Cutlery ZT0350, ZT0560, ZT0566, Izula, Izula II, Rat Pack RC-3, RC-4, RC-6,Lite Machete Fallkniven F1, U2, Wenger too many Victorinox too many Beretta, BHK Sml Tiger Knapp, Leatherman Wave, Wave II, Squirt P4[/size]
MANIMAL

Post by MANIMAL »

redyps04 wrote:Well, I guess your in luck (or I guess out of luck). There's a blue and red one on the 'bay right now. I already bought a couple of Jesters from this guy with no problems.

Yes i grabbed a lime green jester from him and called it quits - gotta cut back for the rest of the month on knife spending but cold not pass up a $33 shipped lime green jester!
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

I DO LOVE my ladybug!!! I grabbed purple one which looks on photos as blue but actually it´s purple. It wasn´t sharp enough for my taste so I changed that to scandi grind - now it´s extremely sharp serious lil knife. Carry LBK in watch/coin pocket with little lanyard for better access.

It´s one of my most favorite knives, with medium douk douk it´s my EDC. Little and worthy workhorse. Btw. excelent ergos on this one!!! Only wish it came with FFG :(

Enjoy it, I think I´ll end up with more than one :D
“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
spliggs

Post by spliggs »

I just toss mine loose in my rfp