Spyderco 12-Month Calendar Contest

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Joyce Laituri

Spyderco 12-Month Calendar Contest

Post by Joyce Laituri »

[CENTER]The Contest[/CENTER]
I am convinced you all are psychic in some way. Last March a thread bloomed on this forum suggesting we make a 12-month wall calendar. Weeks before that thread went up, Sal & Company talked about, and committed to, a catalog project for 2011. It was also decided we wouldn’t announce it until summertime. So! Summer officially kicks off next week and here are the contest details.

The 2011 Spyderco calendar will be a 12-month wall calendar of images created by YOU. Photograph, draw, paint, photoshop, we’re looking for anything extraordinary.

[CENTER]The Prizes:[/CENTER]
We’ll choose a total of 13 images, one image for each calendar month and one grand prize ‘Best of the Best’ winner to be used as the calendar’s cover image.

Want to know what you’re playing for? The artist of an image chosen to represent a month receives a C135GP Fred Perrin PPT CLIPIT Folder. The cover winner gets a FB25PSBK Spyderco Warrior Fixed Blade with a Warrior history book written by Michael Janich and autographed by Sal and Eric Glesser and Michael Janich.

[CENTER]The Rules:[/CENTER]
A. One image submission per person. Entering multiple submissions will invalidate all of your submissions so choose your one pick carefully.

B. Image must include a Spyderco product(s). Act on your creativity. Your submission can be seasonal, retro, traditional, artistic, black and white or color, comedic or serious. Set your imagination loose. Please only family friendly, G-rated and tasteful submissions. If it’s salacious, offensive or anything the Disney Channel would reject, so will we. Be sure to include the model name in the image.

C. Images should be sized to fit our postable image parameters and posted in this thread. If your image is chosen a winner, it must be usable for printing in a high resolution 300dpi format. Please save a copy of your art until the contest is completed.

D. Winning images become exclusive property of Spyderco Inc. Creator of image grants unencumbered, free usage and printing use solely to Spyderco Inc.

E. Contest ends on Wednesday June 30th (0900MST). The final 13 winners will be chosen by the entire Spyderco Crew at a company-wide meeting.

Calendars will be available this fall through the Spyderco Factory Outlet Store.

*Spyderco Employees and family members of employees are not eligible.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

WOW :eek:
to bad i suck at all of the above :(
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Well I'm not too good at this either...but I love the concept and I want to play, plus I love this pic.....Doc :D

Old School Endura with Teeth FRN Clip with the Black Nitride Finish
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Wow--I'm excited--the forum picked up a few really gifted photographers this year, I expect the competition to be quite stiff!

Dr. Snubnose: it is a good thing that 1) you don't need any more knives and 2) that you have over abundance of skills in areas other than photography!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

2cha wrote:Wow--I'm excited--the forum picked up a few really gifted photographers this year, I expect the competition to be quite stiff!

Dr. Snubnose: it is a good thing that 1) you don't need any more knives and 2) that you have over abundance of skills in areas other than photography!
LOL...Give a guy a break will you LMAO...All I wanted to do was play....Maybe I should have selected a picture of my EDC....Good chance that would have made the cover ;) :rolleyes: .....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

This is a great idea! Good luck to anyone entering a picture, and I'm looking forward to seeing the creativity of the artistically minded people on this forum.
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Quick question to see if I understand right.

Can we have Multiple spyderco's in the pic? Also can they be discontinued models?

JW as I have a few ideas ;)
Vic
monsterdog

Post by monsterdog »

Be sure to include the model name in the image.
As text overlay, or just with the image?
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Thanks, Joyce! Will start brainstorming on this!
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

*Rubs hands together manically* The Warrior shall be MINE! Muahahahaha
Cuervo

Post by Cuervo »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Maybe I should have selected a picture of my EDC....Good chance that would have made the cover ;) :rolleyes: .....Doc :D
You might be right about the cover, Doc. But judging from that pic, perhaps you should have someone else snap the shot. Think of yourself as Hef, providing the "talent". LOL
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Great contest - I assume we need to post our picture in this thread?
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Nice contest, I'm also curious to learn how we enter; post in this thread or e-mail to a specific address?

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Cr*p, I only got a 2mp phone cam,this sucks I would so love to post picks,guess I should stop buying knives and buy a decent cam. :'(
MCM

Post by MCM »

I have to think at least one month will be from the Netherlands....... :D
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Yes, please post your image here in this thread but keep a (high res) file of it yourself until the contest is over. If you win, we will contact you for a high resolution file suitable for printing.

Your artwork can include (available or discontinued) single knives, multiple knives, Spyderco bugs anything Spyderco. :spyder:

Please include the name of the knife/knives somewhere in your post either in the image or below the image. This helps anyone looking at it know which model it is and model name and number will be included in the printed calendar.

Thanks for playing and we're looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Joyce :)
gundude73

Post by gundude73 »

well i know the background sucks on this one but i like the way the knife looks ;)
Spyderco T-Mag
Digicam Military
Digicam Paramilitary 2
Ladybug
Honeybee
Salt 1
Baliyo

-Matt
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

one more question Joyce, stock spydies only or can modified ones be included too? :)
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

tonydahose wrote:one more question Joyce, stock spydies only or can modified ones be included too? :)
+1 I was wondering that myself. What about ones from Santa Fe Stoneworks?

What a great contest, I am really excited to put in my submission and more so just to have a 2011 Spyderco calendar!!!
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Oooooh I am excited !!!! :p But the weather is really cr@p in Sydney at the moment. I hope it fines up soon because I'd love to offer some Australian flavour to this competition.

Let's see if I can raid my collection for some nice examples. Probably non-users would be better eh ;)
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *