Spyderco 12-Month Calendar Contest

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

Um just a nother question if a picture would contain some food package cover, say 'Snickers',would there be any legal notice not letting to enter the picture in the contest with out the companys permit?
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

hmm i'm guessing they would avoid another company's logo
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

SecSpyral wrote:hmm i'm guessing they would avoid another company's logo
Then I'll be using the container with the logo painted black,just had a brain storm ,gunna get my friends cam,he'll be plesently surprised when he sees what were gunna make pics of :)
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

HellHound wrote:Um just a nother question if a picture would contain some food package cover, say 'Snickers',would there be any legal notice not letting to enter the picture in the contest with out the companys permit?
i would think thats not ok. i thought like a pink pepto bismol(tm) manix kind of idea something sort of but then thought it would not be ok for copyright infringement issues. i doubt spyderco is allowed, or would take a chance, with an other company's intellectual property. i had a candy idea to, (great minds, right? ;) ) but the actual candy, not the wrapper/box. you recognize it, what it is, but its legally ok now to photo. but obviously we will have to wait and see if they will ok things like that? :confused:

i wanted to do like m-and-m's x-mas bowl knife by/in it with etc etc and w/ xmas tree background and other cool stuff and holiday and such. it would obviously be chosen as dec if it won. which is my b-day. but my camera just cant produce the clarity/quality. i suck at photography. my results were poor.
i wonder who they will choose and how many total pics they get? also anyone know when this is released? like any idea how long after the pics are chosen will it go to print? well i cant wait. i think it was a great idea. its a shame some cant play along too :(
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Fantastic pictures so far!

For those who are photographically-challenged...keep in mind your submission doesn't have to be a photograph it can be a drawing, painting, photoshop manipulation anything creative goes.

Also wanted to add some sugar to the 12 Perrin PPT prizes. Fred Perrin, at last week's Blade Show, was kind enough to autograph the prize boxes.

Keep em' coming these are great!!

Joyce :spyder:
PiterM

Post by PiterM »

OK, I'll play. My input below:

It was nice to meet you again in Atlanta Joyce, Sal, Eric and whole Spyderco team :cool:
shriek

Post by shriek »

This is my entry

Good luck all
.shriek of the spyders.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Here's mine. The upload host killed the sharpness of the picture. The original picture is a lot better. Anyways, thanks for this great opportunity for a community collaboration WITH prizes. This was so much fun to see other member's awesome creativity.

Best of luck to everyone.
-Chris
Nifelheim

Post by Nifelheim »

And here's mine. A Native that I unfortunately lost... :/ It has been replaced by a P'kal and a Tenacious, but as a first Spydie it will be missed.

Markous

2011 Calender Submission

Post by Markous »

I submit the Millie Wheel :cool:

This is a cropped up image I kept the original just in case they want the full picture for the calender ;)
v8r

Post by v8r »

Shriek gets my vote with the SE ATR pic, very industrial and interesting.Very cool :)
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Manix

Post by Manix »

I'll add mine though I don't hold much hope there's some awesome pictures already :D

My spyderco manix 2 XHP

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Manix wrote:I'll add mine though I don't hold much hope there's some awesome pictures already :D

My spyderco manix 2 XHP

Oh if you don't think you have a chance at winning...you must have missed my pic LOL.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Manix

Post by Manix »

[edited] sorry guys I should keep to topic.
JT

Post by JT »

I'll play...
this old one is one of my own favourites.
Is the size okay?

This should fit the month of October, a Halloween Spyderco monster, hiding under your bed at night. :D

watch out, it's alive, it's alive.....! :cool:

Featuring,
Gray Matriarch, Tasman Salt, a few Dodo's, Meerkat rev S, A Cricket.
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
AlexB

Post by AlexB »

JT wrote:I'll play...
this old one is one of my own favourites.
Is the size okay?

This should fit the month of October, a Halloween Spyderco monster, hiding under your bed at night. :D

watch out, it's alive, it's alive.....! :cool:

[snip]

Featuring,
Gray Matriarch, Tasman Salt, a few Dodo's, Meerkat rev S, A Cricket.
That's my kind of monster.
CPM M4 G10/Ti Military
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Markous wrote:I submit the Millie Wheel :cool:

This is a cropped up image I kept the original just in case they want the full picture for the calender ;)
Now THAT'S a cool picture! Nice job!

- best wishes, Jazz.
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

Ok, here's a little South Florida Summer Love :)

The knife is the one and only C101CF90VP2 Manix 2 Carbon Fiber CPM-S90V Sprint

I have the files with and without the border and spyder, etc.

Thanks for the opportunity guys!!! Awesome submissions thus far, good luck to everyone.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Man these are all excellent pics. I especially love the ATR photo with the sprockets and the photo with the tips of all the hawkbill blades.

Really good stuff. Good luck to everyone.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Heres one of my all time favorite spyder pics! :cool:
Hope you like it spydercrew! :)

Knives shown, All black SE Para, PE digicam black bladed Para, and of course the Khukuri.

39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!