Anyone know what C135GP is gonna be....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JspyEDC

Anyone know what C135GP is gonna be....

Post by JspyEDC »

I don't know what new Spyderco creation was given C135, but whatever it is, it was shipped out today. Any ideas?
Spyderco Collector #162
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Persistence, the G is usually G-10, I haven't a clue about the P--Plain edge?
Jowens

Post by Jowens »

I just googled it and it's a what 2cha said. Plain edge G-10 Persistence.
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

Jowens wrote:I just googled it and it's a what 2cha said. Plain edge G-10 Persistence.
Sorry, TYPO my bad. C135GP shipped today.
Spyderco Collector #162
Jowens

Post by Jowens »

JspyEDC wrote:Sorry, TYPO my bad. C135GP shipped today.
Super top secret Persistence? :D
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Looks like the Perrin PPT!!!!
Come Join Us Click Here
Donut

Post by Donut »

Nice. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
2cha

Post by 2cha »

2cha wrote:Persistence, the G is usually G-10, I haven't a clue about the P--Plain edge?
Ooops, C136 is Persistence, not C135, my bad!!!! Confirm, yourcornerstore has C135GP as Perrin PPT.

It was really hot and I was installing a window A/C unit and not clear headed when I wrote Persistence.
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

2cha wrote:Ooops, C136 is Persistence, not C135, my bad!!!! Confirm, yourcornerstore has C135GP as Perrin PPT.

It was really hot and I was installing a window A/C unit and not clear headed when I wrote Persistence.
No, it wasn't the heat, you originally saw it correctly. I edited the thread from 136 to 135 after and because of your post. Thanks.
Spyderco Collector #162
bh49

Post by bh49 »

JspyEDC wrote:I don't know what new Spyderco creation was given C135, but whatever it is, it was shipped out today. Any ideas?
Jess,
I am confused. You are authorized dealer and you do not know?
Probably some secret knife :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

FWIW, I also get e-mails from my dealer about collector knives with just the letter/number ID and have to figure out which knife they are sending. Sometimes the price is enough of a clue to allow an educated guess.
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

bh49 wrote:Jess,
I am confused. You are authorized dealer and you do not know?
Probably some secret knife :)
No, I don't know what knife was given the C135 sku. I have nothing official or published by Spyderco that states what C135 is going to be. The number itself suggests it's been on the drawing board a long time since it is before the Persistence (C136) released in July, 2009. So with that, I don't think it's a secret knife we know nothing about. The assumptions made here in replies to this thread make sense, suggesting it's the Perrin folder. It fits the time-frame.

Based on the knives I have seen due for release this year, and the number provided "C135GP", it's one of the knives we have all seen like from the Amsterdam meet. C135GP suggests it's got to be a NEW model, has G-10 scales, and is plain edge. So.... those options would be: Perrin folder, Super Leaf, Breeden Rescue, Big Lum, Lacy Szabo folder or Anso ZULU.

The "old" sku made me curious, so I did the thread. My bet is the Perrin since it has been "casual bombshelled" the longest. I'll find out for sure Friday around 11amCDT.
Spyderco Collector #162
2cha

Post by 2cha »

JspyEDC wrote:No, I don't know what knife was given the C135 sku. I have nothing official or published by Spyderco that states what C135 is going to be.
Based on the knives I have seen due for release this year, and the number provided "C135GP", it's one of the knives we have all seen like from the Amsterdam meet. C135GP suggests it's got to be a NEW model, has G-10 scales, and is plain edge.
No need to guess, according to yourcornerstore, it is, indeed, the Perrin.
imhawley

Post by imhawley »

Wouldn't the Sage 3 also fit the G-10 and plain edge category as well?
JspyEDC wrote:No, I don't know what knife was given the C135 sku. I have nothing official or published by Spyderco that states what C135 is going to be. The number itself suggests it's been on the drawing board a long time since it is before the Persistence (C136) released in July, 2009. So with that, I don't think it's a secret knife we know nothing about. The assumptions made here in replies to this thread make sense, suggesting it's the Perrin folder. It fits the time-frame.

Based on the knives I have seen due for release this year, and the number provided "C135GP", it's one of the knives we have all seen like from the Amsterdam meet. C135GP suggests it's got to be a NEW model, has G-10 scales, and is plain edge. So.... those options would be: Perrin folder, Super Leaf, Breeden Rescue, Big Lum, Lacy Szabo folder or Anso ZULU.

The "old" sku made me curious, so I did the thread. My bet is the Perrin since it has been "casual bombshelled" the longest. I'll find out for sure Friday around 11amCDT.
imhawley

Post by imhawley »

Nevermind....stupid question as it appears that Sages are C123...'s.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

$124 is a better street price than I expected for the PPT. Essentially a titanium framelock with a custom clip and sculpted G-10 scales, and a collaboration to boot, it's an inherently expensive knife to make.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
arjung

Post by arjung »

I thought the liners were steel...
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Is a bit pricey--for steel liners--but recall the collaborator surcharge,... and most or all of the Taiwan made knives are "expensive"--Gayle Bradley, Chokwe, Sage, Bob T-- I don't own any, and don't plan on it with possible exception of the Sage, but from all reports, the quality is pretty incredible,...
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

JspyEDC wrote:Sorry, TYPO my bad. C135GP shipped today.
That be the new Perrin PPT......Should be a G-10 Black Handle PE...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

If you enter the calendar contest and win you will get and I quote:

"The artist of an image chosen to represent a month receives a C135GP Fred Perrin PPT CLIPIT Folder."
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!