Got my new Bug today

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
billy blade

Got my new Bug today

Postby billy blade » Wed May 26, 2010 6:06 pm

My Grasshopper arrived in the mail today. I'm really pleased with this line of micro knives. I now have all three and really enjoy using them all. :) :)

How about a Grasshopper sized version of the Police/Rookie? I love the handle and blade shape on them. They hold a special place in my collection since they were my first and second Spydies and I've been hooked ever since!

I hope it's not to bold, but may I suggest a name for it? The Cadet :spyder:

RJNC

Postby RJNC » Wed May 26, 2010 7:37 pm

I second that idea!

Creepo

Postby Creepo » Thu May 27, 2010 1:22 am

After looking at these models, isn't the Grasshopper extremely similar in shape to the Police? I always thought it looked like a micro-Police.

billy blade

Postby billy blade » Thu May 27, 2010 5:02 pm

It's shaped more like the all stainless versions of the Endura and Delica. The Police has a distinct rounded end at the butt of the scales. The blade is also longer and narrower in height. The blade tappers to a point at more of an acute angle. The police is probably my favorite Spyderco, at least until my new Military arrives :) Then we'll see where it stands. :D

Creepo

Postby Creepo » Fri May 28, 2010 1:43 am

billy blade wrote:It's shaped more like the all stainless versions of the Endura and Delica. The Police has a distinct rounded end at the butt of the scales. The blade is also longer and narrower in height. The blade tappers to a point at more of an acute angle.
Well I see what you mean. Now that I look at it the handle is more like the Rookie but the blade is more like a Delica/Rookie hybrid.

billy blade

Postby billy blade » Fri May 28, 2010 8:02 pm

The Police is very near and dear to me. it was my first Spydie. I could'nt stop after that. I got hooked on the stainless ones PE only. I think I have all the PE all SS folders. I need to take pics and post them so the experts on the forum can tell me for sure.

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”