Ukpk now!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ted

Post by Ted »

losabio wrote:Just for clarification, the orange G-10 rescue UKPK is FFG S30V SE and the lightweight rescue is hollow ground GIN-1 SE? Has the hollow ground G-10 rescue been discontinued?
both are in the 2010 catalog
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

jujigatame wrote:I'd say it'd look a lot like an SE Caly 3 considering the similarity between the blades on the two models.
That's interesting, I didn't know the Caly3 had an SE option ... it doesn't look as bad as I thought (remembering I hate serrations) :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

losabio wrote:Just for clarification, the orange G-10 rescue UKPK is FFG S30V SE and the lightweight rescue is hollow ground GIN-1 SE? Has the hollow ground G-10 rescue been discontinued?
Only the proto UK Rescue was FFG (but they still use the photo of it in their marketing material), the production version of the G10 is actually hollow ground S30V. So the G10 and FRN versions of the Rescue model are actually functionally the same aside from different steel. You can take a look at photos of mine if you need convincing: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RL ... directlink
"Nothing makes a knife maker-designer feel better than to see their efforts used." -Ed
~ My knives list ~
~ Knife photos ~
losabio

Post by losabio »

SaturnNyne wrote:Only the proto UK Rescue was FFG (but they still use the photo of it in their marketing material), the production version of the G10 is actually hollow ground S30V. So the G10 and FRN versions of the Rescue model are actually functionally the same aside from different steel. You can take a look at photos of mine if you need convincing: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RL ... directlink
Thanks man for the reply. I had seen pics of the hollow ground G10 rescue model, but was a little confused when I saw the "FFG" description in the 2010 catalog. I just this minute ordered one from KC, and have my fingers crossed hoping that I receive a hollow ground version!
SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

losabio wrote:Thanks man for the reply. I had seen pics of the hollow ground G10 rescue model, but was a little confused when I saw the "FFG" description in the 2010 catalog. I just this minute ordered one from KC, and have my fingers crossed hoping that I receive a hollow ground version!
It should definitely be hollow, and if it's not it means someone accidentally slipped in something pretty rare. Here's a post where Sal discussed the decision: http://spyderco.com/forums/showpost.php ... stcount=10
"Nothing makes a knife maker-designer feel better than to see their efforts used." -Ed
~ My knives list ~
~ Knife photos ~
Stony

Post by Stony »

I want a titanium so bad I can taste it.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

would like a Ti, a CF, and a less expensive one (probably the latter first so I can try them out)
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

AWESOMENESSS!!!!

I need one. lol
Vic