Spyderco Salt Series properties are great!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Neomik

Spyderco Salt Series properties are great!

Post by Neomik »

Hi there everybody,

I am very happy that and I finally got the chance to participate in this Forum! This is my first post I would like you add any comment positive or negative to help me improve my forum skills!

Well first off I would like to speak out my mind and say a great THANK YOU!!! to Mr. Sal Glesser for creating this company the knives and the innovation and quality he and his crew bring into those great knifes we all appreciate!

I don't collect my knives in terms of buying and not using them, to show them off; or just to have them. I buy them to use them for the everyday tasks that emerge and I have different knifes for specific jobs!

That been said I do have about 15 Spyderco knives and plan to buy some more for specific jobs.

But I did not post this threat just to introduce myself:

I am a big fan of the Salt series knifes. Mostly because I do use knives a lot in humid environments such as: Gardening, Fishing and when I go into the woods or to the sea! But I also own a few VG-10 and S30V blades for other uses.

The two companions I use the most and carry on my person permanently when around the house and in Garden are right now the Tasman and the Pacific Salt! (I should mention that I grow fruit, salads and vegetables the whole year to feed a 6 people household! And have my own chicken farm where I need to slaughter every now and then some animals. So the knifes see a lot of use!)

Since I do carry those two great knives all the time they both started to wear off a bit which is a normal procedure for a knife if you use it every day. Keeping those blades sharp is now problem with the sharpmaker from Spyderco! I know about the blade properties of the H1 steel and know that it will not rust. The Pocket clip is made of titanium and will not either if the color wears off. I also read that the two pins holding the knife together are also treated to be rust resistant.

My question is about the Screws that hold the Pocket clip in place??? Does anyone know if those are made of titanium too? Or if the Metal itself is somehow treated aside been coated. Cause that is what starts to happen right now and I am interested in this matter!

Thank you all for reading and God bless us all!!!

Michael

Attachments
Spyderco Tasman & Pacific Salt small2.jpg
Spyderco Tasman & Pacific Salt small2.jpg (99.68 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Spyderco Tasman & Pacific Salt small.jpg
Spyderco Tasman & Pacific Salt small.jpg (99.84 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Michael
[CENTER]-. . ...- . .-. .-- .. - .... --- ..- - -- -.-- ... .--. -.-- -.. . .-. -.-. ---[/CENTER]
[CENTER]:spyder:“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”:spyder:[/CENTER]
unit

Post by unit »

Yup, the Salts are really tough to beat. I did a fair beat-down on the Pacific Salt and found it to be one tough offering.
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
chipped

Post by chipped »

I love them too. They have the light weight linerless bodies that are still plenty tough, and are worry and maintainance free other than a little more sharpening (unless you get SE).

I particularly like being able to sweat all over it and not be concerned - sometimes I'll pull a knife out of my pocket and it'll have a block line of sweat on it, and concerns me when its on another knife.

Yes, the barrel-bolt screws are fine. Don't remember what they are made of but you won't have a problem.
Seanski

Post by Seanski »

Welcome to the forum. Super pic's thanks for those. :) Nice knives you have
there.
Use your blades in the kitchen, it's great bonding time!
Neomik

Post by Neomik »

Thanks for all the opinions guys!
Michael
[CENTER]-. . ...- . .-. .-- .. - .... --- ..- - -- -.-- ... .--. -.-- -.. . .-. -.-. ---[/CENTER]
[CENTER]:spyder:“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”:spyder:[/CENTER]