Catalog request problems

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PaloArt

Catalog request problems

Post by PaloArt »

Hi guys, I´m curious if spyderco stopped sending catalogs abroad - overseas? :confused:

I´ve sent request two times - two days after christmas, than in february - still nothing. Don´t know if people from Czech mail service are loosing my catalogs or if is that first case I wrote. :(

Does anybody know please?

Thanks, Pavel
“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Can't say about that, I got a 2009 catalog last time I got a new Baliyo.
Aren't you supposed to pay for the international shipping if you want the catalog?
That's how it is with other companies as well.
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Creepo wrote:Can't say about that, I got a 2009 catalog last time I got a new Baliyo.
Aren't you supposed to pay for the international shipping if you want the catalog?
That's how it is with other companies as well.
Hi, thanks for reply - man I don´t know always - like years before I got it within one month - no cost... If it´s now for some than I think it will be announced if you will choose country or it would be mentioned on page. Really don´t know... :confused:
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

p.jester84 wrote:Hi, thanks for reply - man I don´t know always - like years before I got it within one month - no cost... If it´s now for some than I think it will be announced if you will choose country or it would be mentioned on page. Really don´t know... :confused:
Shoot them a message and ask whats going on. They've usually responded within a couple days. But till then you'll have to settle for drooling over the PDF catalog in the website. :p
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Creepo wrote:Shoot them a message and ask whats going on. They've usually responded within a couple days. But till then you'll have to settle for drooling over the PDF catalog in the website. :p
Yeah but catalog doesn´t work always on my PC :p don´t know why :D anyway thanks for advice, I´ll try to send message.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Buy something from cutlery shoppe and you'll be sure to get a 2010 catalog with your order! :D
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

on another forum i have heard about this problem as well, i dont think the automatic email thing is working. i would call.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

I guess we have a problem with oversea requests, as from other Spyderco collectors in Austria I heard the same. I myself asked for a product guide in December and I waited till February before I asked again. Unfortunately I received no product guide from Spyderco so far :o

Well, hope dies last ;)

Pavel, I'm interested to learn what Spyderco will answer you. Thanks!
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

spyderHS08 wrote:Buy something from cutlery shoppe and you'll be sure to get a 2010 catalog with your order! :D
- Well, I´m lazy bastard so I still don´t have paypal nor credit card for international payments :D so maybe this would be reason for founding it.
tonydahose wrote:on another forum i have heard about this problem as well, i dont think the automatic email thing is working. i would call.
- Calling is quite expensive - I´m from europe :D but thanks for advice
Peter1960 wrote:I guess we have a problem with oversea requests, as from other Spyderco collectors in Austria I heard the same. I myself asked for a product guide in December and I waited till February before I asked again. Unfortunately I received no product guide from Spyderco so far :o

Well, hope dies last ;)

Pavel, I'm interested to learn what Spyderco will answer you. Thanks!
- I´ll post as soon as they will answer - well, nice that you feel that "pain" with me :D bro from Austria - btw. your gallery is one of my favorites ;)

Post by 224477 »

Hi Pavel,

I experienced the same, twice requested none arrived. I email TazKristi and she took care, I still dont have it, but I hope its on the way.

I had same problems last year with 2009 catalogue. I guess postmen from former CSR like Spyderco 'magazines'... :(
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

224477:
"Hi Pavel,

I experienced the same, twice requested none arrived. I email TazKristi and she took care, I still dont have it, but I hope its on the way.

I had same problems last year with 2009 catalogue. I guess postmen from former CSR like Spyderco 'magazines'... "

Hi Jano, well I think that problem will be in our postal services :D because such a nice package send from overseas can hide something interesting inside (and they are f....in´ right!!!). I´ll keep you posted how it will work - I´ve send mail to Kristi so... we will see ;)

And catalogue from 2009 came to me last year - man it was such awesome feeling :D love the real thing in my hands.

have a nice day guys :D

9Cr18MoV steel - user experiences?

Post by 224477 »

One of the spyderco Mule teams came out of this chinese made steel.

I have read different legends about it, from being the 440C of China, till 'there is no big difference between 8cr13mov /byrds/ and 9cr18mov'

What are your user experiences?

I recently got a knife which is made from this material, but I wanted to hear what did you experience with this steel?

Hows the general sharpness? Hows the edge holding? What angles are the best to sharpen 45 or 30? Does the edge chip? Is it brittle? Corrosion resistance? Is it pitting and spotting like high carbon stainless, in touch with fruit acids, mustards, etc?

THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE :D

9Cr18MoV steel - user experience?

Post by 224477 »

One of the spyderco Mule teams came out of this chinese made steel.

I have read different legends about it, from being the 440C of China, till 'there is no big difference between 8cr13mov /byrds/ and 9cr18mov'

What are your user experiences?

I recently got a knife which is made from this material, but I wanted to hear what did you experience with this steel?

Hows the general sharpness? Hows the edge holding? What angles are the best to sharpen 45 or 30? Does the edge chip? Is it brittle? Corrosion resistance? Is it pitting and spotting like high carbon stainless, in touch with fruit acids, mustards, etc?

THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE :D
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

So, Kristi answered in positive way - they will send me catalogue and I´ll recieve confirming e-mail - then we will see if will czech post service deliver catalogue. ;)
mussolini

Post by mussolini »

I have asked for a catalog 4 times now...have not received one in 4 months!
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

I've never received any catalog I requested from the website.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I requested one when they announced the 2010 catalog. I got it about a month ago.

It might just be slow shipping to Europe.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Peter1960 wrote:I myself asked for a product guide in December and I waited till February before I asked again. Unfortunately I received no product guide from Spyderco so far :o
Same problem here :(
jzmtl wrote:I've never received any catalog I requested from the website.
IIRC the first catalog I requested from Spyderco online was the 2002 catalog. Ever since the online requests worked fine for me - just not this year :(
Donut wrote:It might just be slow shipping to Europe.
I don't think so. I've never had anything sent from the US that took longer than 2 or maximum 3 weeks. Regular mail can make it within a week if you're lucky...

Cheers, Rob
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Ive never received any catalog from the website. Ordered back in 2009 as well as the 2010 one.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
chipped

Post by chipped »

I only seem to get about half of those that I order (I keep giving them away and have to get new ones to give away later).