Got my Swick 2 today!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Monkeywrangler

Got my Swick 2 today!

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Santa Clause in Brown just showed up! Wow, that is one sweet knife! I love the leaf blade, and the swedge on top is a nice touch. I like this one much better than the wharn-swick of the last issue. It was nice, but this is perfect! And the holes for scales make it even better! Hector, I think I will have more work for you... :D

--MW
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Pics plz. :p
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I hope Santa in Brown stops by my door today like his tracking system says he will.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Ask and ye shall receive...

Not Forgotten:
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Thanks. :D

The knife looks great. Do you plan on a cord wrap or handle slabs?

Cut anything with it yet?
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Thinking about having Hector Castro here do some scales for it, or if I get lazy, I will paracord wrap it. I need to get someone to do up a nifty little sheath too, but I am not sure what style I want. I might go with leather, as I have been having some kydex issues with knives falling out of sheaths I thought were secure.... :eek:
Not Forgotten:
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Sweet! Just got confirmation that Mr. UPS delivered my Swick 2! Can't wait to get home to open it (and of course to see my family... :o ). Now, what paracord design to start off with?
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
invisiblemonster

Post by invisiblemonster »

Nice! I'm expecting mine to arrive tomorrow. I'll probably just cord wrap the handle and keep a look out for someone making kydex sheathes for em.
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Monkeywrangler wrote:Thinking about having Hector Castro here do some scales for it, or if I get lazy, I will paracord wrap it. I need to get someone to do up a nifty little sheath too, but I am not sure what style I want. I might go with leather, as I have been having some kydex issues with knives falling out of sheaths I thought were secure.... :eek:
A properly made kydex sheath should have very secure retention. I made a leather neck sheath for the older Swick and I had to get creative to lock the blade in.

On the 2nd picture, you can see a half moon shaped sewing mark on the back of the sheath. I sewed in a tab to securely hold the knife in the sheath while hanging up side down. It works well but the kydex was much easier.

So far, this is my favorite version.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
unloved

Post by unloved »

According to UPS tracking, mine should be here tomorrow. Can't wait.
untamed

Post by untamed »

Waow!!! Just saw that new Swick now! While I have no complaints about the my Gen. 1 Swick, I'm reallllllly digging leaf-shape of the new one!
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Gotta say, I was a little nervous about changes to the handle little Swick--I LOVE the Swick 2! Can't wait to play with it!
dbcad

Swicks arrived today!!

Post by dbcad »

I decide to try 2 of these little beauties for the price. The one I don't use will likely be a gift to a friend who has a knife collection, but seems clueless about Spyderco :eek:

I am absolutely delighted with this litttle knife and can easily see it being a constant carry if I can get the sheath option figured out. The Jimping in the dip up top and on the choil are perfect!! It's great steel, and as with all Spydercos it came nice and sharp. The angle in the handle part of the steel feels very comfortable. I can only imagine what a wrap or scales would do while keeping the large hole at it's full size :D Where can I get some paracord locally...lolol!

Every new :spyder: I get gives me more respect for the company and it's products. I just can't let any of my knives live in a box. That's just me. This little Swick screams USER!! One terrific piece of steel :D

Charlie
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
death-bringah

Swick2 sheathing...

Post by death-bringah »

Those of you who are still in the market for a Swick2 sheath could do a lot worse than fellow Spyderco forum member "Eighth of Eight"...

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/member.php?u=12279

...my kydex sheaths from Eighth of Eight have great retention, and his work is truly "custom". :cool: Great pricing too. Drop him a pm, you won't be disapointed.

take care -d.