Contest: New Forum Spyderco Shopping Spree

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Just bringing this subject back to the top one more time. Winners are drawn tomorrow afternoon.

GOOD LUCK!

Joyce
Joe Talmadge

Post by Joe Talmadge »

The main thing that's kept me from buying any particular spyderco is: many of my fave spydercos are liner locks, and I don't buy liner locks, not even from Spyderco (who admitedly is good at them). Hopefully the compression lock will satisfy my cravings for a rock-solid lock.

The other factor that occasionally comes up is ergonomics. This is a subjective thing of course, what works for one person doesn't work for another, sometimes. The Native and Wegner, two of my fave Spydercos, both fit my hand very badly for some reason.

Joe
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

I have never been disappointed with Spyderco's quality. The only thing that has ever kept me from buying a Spyderco knife is if that particular knife does not appeal to me. For example, the Khalsa, Shabaria and Zowada do nothing for me. Strictly a matter of personal taste.

Ben
Vin

Post by Vin »

Hi Joyce.
I have just about one of each.
Waiting for new stuff.
Vin.
bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

Nothing! Every time I go to my local dealer to look at a particular knife, I end up buying it.

--
Ben
mundele

Post by mundele »

The biggest thing that has kept me from buying Spyderco knives is availability. I can look at knives all day on the web, but until I actually hold one in my hand I am not sure if it's the "one". There are no stores near me that carry Spydercos (other than the occasional Delica or Endura). Oh yeah, there's also that money issue too... If I were only a rich man...

--Matt
David Rock

Post by David Rock »

I think I would have bought a Wegner, but at the time I was worried about the safety of a liner lock with tip-up carry.

David Rock
The Stare

Post by The Stare »

Until I learned that each Spyderco has a special purpose for which it was designed, I thought they were just odd-ly shaped, and wouldn't buy one.

But, when I realized they were good knives, and that each had a particular purpose/reason for existence, I bought those that fitted my immediate needs. I think both the Wenger and the Native are particularly flexible, multi use knives.

Stare
Toolin

Post by Toolin »

I am sick and tired of holding Endura's, Delica's, and Native's at my local knife stores. I would like to hold, open, and close with some of your better knives. I am sure I am not the only person afraid to buy a $100+ knife without trying it first.
FREDERIC K

Post by FREDERIC K »

Main factor ?
Many models are not available here in France... and dollar is really high.
jyork

Post by jyork »

I guess the only Spyderco I haven't bought would have to be the Morans, I don't care for a fixed blade knife. Now I've had to delay buying one for reason of lacking funds but I always find a way.

Jyork
scolby

Post by scolby »

Hey guys! You picked up a post that is nearly a year old.

Joyce, you may want to delete this thread.
Allen E. Treat

Post by Allen E. Treat »

There are three (3) factors :

1.) No money

2.) No outlet close by ( New Haven, Ct.)

3.) Item is either no longer in
production or on "backorder".

That about says it ALL Joyce.

A.E.T.
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Hmmm.....MONEY and waiting for some new knives to come out.

Fisherman
whosyour

Post by whosyour »

To test the market and accuzations of some other knife companies sayingh their's were "Top of the Line".
So I tried about a dozen different companies,mainly production knives.
I've come to the conlusion that although other companies may have more expensive steels,or they're all made in the U.S.,or they are "Tactical Killers" they all cut they all wear,and they all dull and need sharpened.
Now here's the best part.When I talk to the good people at Spyderco,they talk to me like a rep should,not #24345678.The only thing that ever kept me from buying a spyderco is curiosity,well it is a lesson well learned,And I'll never buy anything from a company that doesn't treat customers as people,that is where Spyderco accels,others should take lessons!!!!
thorin hammer

Post by thorin hammer »

The only thing from keeping me from buying more Spydies is not enough money. If I were to win $10,000 then at least $2,000 would go for Spydercos.

Some laws permit, what honor dose not.
ruxton

Post by ruxton »

i was lookin for a place to buy a civilian in the uk, eventually i found one, they were gonna order it specially from america, everything was going fine till my dad found out how much it cost, he read the lil blurb in the magazine "for undercover cops" and asked me why i wanted one...
"i dunno, it looks cool"
needless to say i didn't get it. years later on holiday in america i got one eventually tho
mat
ruxton

Post by ruxton »

oops kinda late just noticed this was from 2000 lol ignore me i'm dumb
mat
Caleb

Post by Caleb »

Some factors:
-prices(l really want civie,millie,chinook and gunting but they are expensive)
-the spyderco round hole is the 2nd most important factor for a purchase
-the handle material:stainless,g10 and then zytel(i hate wood,aluminum,shell,and others naturals materials)
-the steel(i dislike AUS6 i prefer ats55 ats34,cpm440v and other high grade steel)
-the 3rd most important factor:the design.