I just love spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cosmo7809

I just love spyderco

Post by cosmo7809 »

I LOVE opening my mailbox and seeing a package that I know contains a spyderco.

When I see that box, I am like a kid on Christmas.

Today, I got a Michael Walker Carbon Fiber and a Tenacious(scored for 21 shipped)

This was a very good week for me I received a yellow SE spyderhawk(wow, what a kick *** knife) and the two I received today.

I dont know what it is but seeing those little boxes just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Well just thought I'd express my feelings about sypderco.

P.S.- Loving the Mike Walker CF, I cant wait to get all dressed up and have that sucker in my pocket!
Come Join Us Click Here
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Congrats on the new blades man. I agree a package containing a Spyderco is a truly great feeling.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Totally agree. Nothing like getting a new toy along with the anticipation that you know its coming. Now that I think of it, I dont have anything coming...need to work on that.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Pneumothorax wrote:Totally agree. Nothing like getting a new toy along with the anticipation that you know its coming. Now that I think of it, I dont have anything coming...need to work on that.
Haha thats another thing!

I usually think to myself Sunday night "whats coming this week" if the answer is nothing then I need to do something about it!

Also, take for example today. Right after I opened and played with the knives for a while I find myself searching the regular forums for another to buy!

Talk about addicting!
Come Join Us Click Here
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I don't quite understand why it is such a big thrill to receive a package with a Spyderco inside, but it is.
JD Spydo

Quality will always win in the long run

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah Cosmo I can ditto just what you described in your opening post :) You would think that a guy like me in his 50s would get over that feeling of getting new knives in the mail. Well if anything I get worse instead of more mature when it comes to new Spyders and other new top quality blades and hardware. I'm also sort of that way with Surefire flashlights as well.

Because all the way back in 2004 I got bit by the Spyder and then I saw the light :rolleyes: :D Surefire that is ;)

I've been a quality minded guy since I was in my teens. And ever since I've been introduced to Spyderco's products it's truly changed my appreciation for superb quality for the better. GOD BLess the Great Spyder Factory!! :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
RazorSharp86

Loving it!!!

Post by RazorSharp86 »

Opening a Spyderco box and pulling out a brand new Spidie makes me have a mini-orgasm. =)
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

I am with you, I just love getting that package in the mail and knowing there is a new (or old) spydie waiting for me, it's quite addictive!! like a kid at Christmas.
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I actually sleep badly while my knife orders are shipping. What makes it worse is that it takes 1-2 months for orders here in the Philippines. But I know that the waiting will be worth it when I hold the knives in my hand. :p :D
VADER1313

Post by VADER1313 »

I feel the same kid at Christmass thing
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Congrats on your new knives :D I agree 100% I love seeing a package in the mail that I know has my spydie in it! I just got my CTS-XHP Manix2 yesterday :) I love that feeling!!!! Should be seeing my CE black military any day now as well!
Vic
zidfeldts

Post by zidfeldts »

If you live in Canada & order online from the States you get to anticipate for a long time, usually 3 weeks minimum!
Reeper22

Post by Reeper22 »

Congrats on your new knives. Spydercos are like becoming like crack for me. I love the excitement of waiting for one to come and then when it does it's awesome. I need to cool my jets before I go broke.
:spyder: Keep you blades sharp and your wits sharper :spyder:
Fuglee

Post by Fuglee »

I'm glad you like the Spyderhawk, Cosmo! :D
jlamb

Post by jlamb »

Most def a sickness for me! It is really like a drug cause as soon as I get the knife that I have been eyeing up, I start thinking about my next one. It is tough being a knife junkie! Searching the internet for my next fix, thank god I dont have any brick and mortar knife shops near me.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

way better than drugs, believe me! drugs wear off much faster than a spydie high. for the same amount you get to enjoy years of happiness with your spydies. In my opinion no contest. :D
Reeper22

Post by Reeper22 »

jlamb wrote:Most def a sickness for me! It is really like a drug cause as soon as I get the knife that I have been eyeing up, I start thinking about my next one. It is tough being a knife junkie! Searching the internet for my next fix, thank god I dont have any brick and mortar knife shops near me.
Exactly how I feel. With how easy it is to order online and find good prices, it's impossible at times to resist.
:spyder: Keep you blades sharp and your wits sharper :spyder:
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Reeper22 wrote:Exactly how I feel. With how easy it is to order online and find good prices, it's impossible at times to resist.
That is my killer. You see so many things from so many places.

Between this forum, bladeforums/ edcforums and candlepowerforums I am screwed at the end of the month.

O yah and how many times have you guys heard "Ughhh.... Another!"
Come Join Us Click Here
Metric

Post by Metric »

Spyderco as a company today sort of makes me think of how Colt firearms co. must have been in their glory days prior to WW2. World-class innovation, quality, and value that just get better and better year after year.
JD Spydo

Long live the great spyder factory!!

Post by JD Spydo »

Spyderco to me is what true American Dream Entreprenuerism is supposed to be about. Here you've got a company that came from the ground up based on high quality and excellent customer service.

At this point of the game I find it hard to be enthused about any other knife companies. There are other companies out there that put out some good quality stuff but Spyderco to me is about as close as you can go without going by way of the exoribitant custom knife route :eek:

They are one of the few companies that I know that truly take input from their fans/customers. Why it's been less than 18 months ago when Brother Clovisc suggested re-doing the Spyderhawk model in H-1 blade steel. The thread caught fire, the ownership listened, the people rallied and now you have an H-1 Spyderhawk in the line up all because one of us here on the Forum got a great idea.

Try that with any other knife company ( or any company period :rolleyes :)

LONG LIVE THE GREAT SPYDER FACTORY!!!!!! :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!