Titanium M4 Para 2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
catamount

Titanium M4 Para 2?

Post by catamount »

The Para 2 looks like it's going to be a sweet knife. I vote for Ti scales, with an integral compression lock, and a CPM-M4 blade, as the first limited/sprint variant.

Can you tell I just handle a Ti Milli for the first time? :D
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

With a wire clip! That would be one rock'n knife, Tom.

Ken
玉鋼
unit

Post by unit »

That concept would be pretty tough...and perhaps a bit pricey.

As long as we are dreaming out loud, I would ask that the non lock side be G-10 with nested liner and NO cutout for the lock release. Sure it would be tough to disengage the lock, but it would offer certain advantages in the ergonomics department during hard cutting.

Those that do not like obscured lock could grind out an access port in the G-10 to make release easier.
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

I'm pretty sure that I'd buy one, even though it seems a bit strange to mix highly corrosion resistant scales with a hugely more corrodible blade.
catamount

Post by catamount »

unit wrote:...I would ask that the non lock side be G-10...
I just don't get the appeal of different scale materials on each side :confused:
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

kbuzbee wrote:With a wire clip! That would be one rock'n knife, Tom.

Ken
This. ;)

Now that I've used the UKPK and Sage I, I have no idea why more people aren't calling for wire clips. I understand some work knives call for a more exposed clip so they are easy to carry but most knives see light EDC duties. The wire clip is just great.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

catamount wrote:I just don't get the appeal of different scale materials on each side :confused:
My 2c re. mixed Ti and G10 =
1) G10 is lighter than Ti of equivalent rigidity (Is this true? :confused :)
2) G10 IS more scratch resistant than Ti
3) G10 is grippier than Ti
4) G10 is less conductive than Ti

So, to get an ultralight framelock that doesn't easily scratch, is grippy, doesn't conduct cold as much, Ti on lock side and G10 on other seems to make sense.

Don't get me wrong-I'm not about to complain about full Ti knives--if spyderco makes them and sources from my preferred geographic areas, I'll buy at least one of each, period.
mqqn

Post by mqqn »

kbuzbee wrote:With a wire clip! That would be one rock'n knife, Tom.

Ken
Hi folks -

I would be in for one if they were made....

best regards -

mqqn
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

Id just like to see the Para follow the lead of the full Millie in terms of sprints. The only one i can think of for the Para was the D2 blade FG G10 handle. I would love to see orange S30v, The orange Millie sold well enough to be a regular production item, at least for now. A Ti variant, and maybe a CF/S90V would be great. For me the CF/S90V Millie is still the ultimate Millie.

I agree with the Ti/G10 scale idea. I think its the best of both worlds. I really like my Chokwe.
Reeper22

Post by Reeper22 »

Scottie3000 wrote:Id just like to see the Para follow the lead of the full Millie in terms of sprints. The only one i can think of for the Para was the D2 blade FG G10 handle. I would love to see orange S30v, The orange Millie sold well enough to be a regular production item, at least for now. A Ti variant, and maybe a CF/S90V would be great. For me the CF/S90V Millie is still the ultimate Millie.

I agree with the Ti/G10 scale idea. I think its the best of both worlds. I really like my Chokwe.
I CF/S90V Para would be one of my grails. I'm crazy though and would want a smooth cf so it would look fancy.
:spyder: Keep you blades sharp and your wits sharper :spyder: