Sal: Caly 3.5 question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chinook

Post by chinook »

Just finished up selling off 40 old school Spydies to help fund my daughter's wedding next month. I just got word that the last one was finally delivered to Russia, a C54BMP. That was a tough one to let go. (****, they all were)

This Caly 3.5 looks very good and may just be my first reentry into the buy cycle of this addiction.
.><CHINOOK*>
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

It is definitely BUY worthy in my eyes. I wish they would do a sprint or just bring back the original Calypso.
oldschool

Post by oldschool »

I wonder if the profile of the pivot and all other pins can reduced.
They've always annoyed me with being a bit too protruding.
:spyder: Native III PE
:spyder: Native PE
:spyder: Sage I
:spyder: Pacific Salt
:spyder: Delica 4 Blue
:spyder: Manix2 Blue Lightweight
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

I am definitely getting this knife when it comes out. But I have to add my name to the list of wanting this knife in Micarta. Micarta is my handle material of choice.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

G-10 for scales is good for me. Keeps things lighter than Micarta. And honestly, I'd be fine with whatever steel Spyderco chose...
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
catamount

Post by catamount »

One thing to keep in mind is that, if a ZDP-189 version is made, it will most likely have a laminate blade. The Japanese maker of the Calys doesn't have the laser cutter required to deal with solid ZDP.

I know some like the laminated blades, but I am not one of them. I'd also like to see future ZDP models made with G-10 scales (in a color other than black), rather than CF.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
bh49

Post by bh49 »

catamount wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that, if a ZDP-189 version is made, it will most likely have a laminate blade. The Japanese maker of the Calys doesn't have the laser cutter required to deal with solid ZDP.

I know some like the laminated blades, but I am not one of them. I'd also like to see future ZDP models made with G-10 scales (in a color other than black), rather than CF.
+1
Sorry. I do not appreciate ZDP, ( I hate uneven laminated lines) or CF. For my use VG10 or S30V are great steels. As well as G10 is good handle material, micarta, bone, wood are even better. ZDP + CF for me is just money spent on something, which I do not appreciate.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian