Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2010 Report - Prototype Pictures

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

I'd really love that CF Balance - it's such a pity that CF will be a limited edition because I really don't like SS scales - way too slippery to hold and they just don't have the style of CF, or even a nice Micarta or G10, IMO anyway :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
jase74

Post by jase74 »

Mr Blonde wrote:The Matriarch was made around 10 years ago in limited production at the request of a South African distributor. With the rise in violence toward women, the Matriarch was made to support a specific self-defense class. The technique apparently involves cutting the tendons behind the knees, leaving the attacker immobile. The matriarch takes its name from the lead female in elephant herds. The main diffe rences with the original model are the full flat grind and the brown FRN. It kind of looked like a chocolate color to me. Both PE and SE models will be available for this sprint run.

Wouter
Seriously this will be a no brainer for me...that's if I can source one from downunder...
Cheers

Jase

Post by v8r »

Looks like lots of good stuff this year.Haven't bought much lately due to buying a older house and remodeling it. I hope some of these models will be in my price range.I really like most of the designs.The Caly with a 3.5 blade length will be worth buying due to a longer blade length.I really like the Native also, but I feel it is starting to lose a bit of its Identity without at least a little of a swedge grind.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
vic

Post by vic »

Mr Blonde wrote:The Cara Cara 2 and Meadowlark 2 are really nice working knives. The main differences from their previous versions are the full flat grind and the clips I believe. I’m afraid I didn’t catch much of the info when these models were passed around. From shortly handling them at the meet, I thought they were way too nice for their price. Very solid lockup, no blade play and the clips were nicely rounded. Previous Byrds I owned had some sharp edges.

Wouter
that cara cara 2 looks nice, i've got the g-10 cara cara: very good knife but very heavy. i would definitely be interested in an frn cara cara 2
Chainlink

Post by Chainlink »

This thread has me crying uncle, there are no less than 5 blades here that are a must have for me.....Seriously "UNCLE". In these protos I see some very nice improvements on several models that I have not wanted to shell out for...now if they make it to market...well let's just say I have a plan(putting the family on a forced diet..and it isn't needed but I gotta save money somewhere).
Jowens

Post by Jowens »

I want that Manix 2 FRN...................BAD!
daundu

Post by daundu »

That rescue blade is gorgeous. Love the blade on the back.
cmassicotte

Post by cmassicotte »

JimP wrote:I haven't bought or felt compelled to buy a Spydie since the Manix 2 s90v and have been quite happy saving my money. Then I see the Caly 3.5 and thought, no problems, I finally "need" another spydie, first one in a while.

Then came the Super Leaf :eek: then the Sage 3 :eek: then the CFUKPK :cool: and just when I thought my run was over I see the %$#@ing Para 2 :eek: and I'm going nuts and slowly scroll down only to find the......PPT :eek: , I am now in shock!

Wouter, thanks for the great coverage, my wife wants to speak to you, I think you are in trouble...but not quite as much as me.

Sal, if you wanted my attention you now have it!

Words and speech failed me, and then along came JimP

Thanks JimP , Thanks Wouter, and of course,

Thank you, thank you, Thank you, Spyderco

I think :D

God save my wallet :eek:
There is no right way to do a wrong thing
Stony

Post by Stony »

Are the titanium UKPK out yet. :D
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Sal and Eric never cease to amaze me at the way they can take a great design and make it better. Case in point, the Manix2 and the Para2. The steel and ball lock on the Manix2 just eliminated my need for an axis lock.

Pat yourselves on the back, guys! Your work this year is nothing short of amazing.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm still holding out, but i'm almost 100% positive my next purchase will be a Sage 3 unless something really good comes up in person that i can't pass up.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
noddy

Post by noddy »

Super Leaf, Para2 and Ti UKPK in the same release

need more money, need more money ...
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

ti ukpk and superleaf out?
i think not. otherwise i would have the ti ukpk in my hand and the superleaf in my pocket!