Spyderco Amsterdam Meet 2010 Report - Prototype Pictures

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr Blonde

Prototype Slipits Video

Post by Mr Blonde »

Technically the FRN UKPK is not a production prototype, as it's in the distribution pipeline, but the other two, the titanium and carbon fiber versions, are prototypes. They will become available in the course of this year. Again, my friend Jurphaas provides the great presentation.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bz_idJlWmB0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bz_idJlWmB0&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Mr Blonde

Prototype Matriarch Sprint Run Video

Post by Mr Blonde »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pNXpRCmUIoc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pNXpRCmUIoc&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wouter
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

The FFG on the matriarch does it for me. Definitely gonna try to get one of the SE and PE. Wouter you're our spyderco reporter on the scene. Next year lets set up a live feed and you can do interviews and everything.
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

VashHash wrote:The FFG on the matriarch does it for me. Definitely gonna try to get one of the SE and PE. Wouter you're our spyderco reporter on the scene. Next year lets set up a live feed and you can do interviews and everything.
O yes! Ustream it. That would be amazing
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Wow, I have to say it again - if there was a lock on that Titanium UKPK it, would be absolutely perfect. It's already stunning. :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
Rick Grimes

Post by Rick Grimes »

Wow, models I wasnt so excited about with just the pics are now moving up in my list with the vids.
4x Delica 4's (standard, Wave w/ dark gray/blue handle, FFG Brown, FFG Blue), Police 3, Barong, Khukuri, CF Caly 3 ZDP, Sage II.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I liked the comment about the Zulu having a low price! I'm sure that's relatively speaking, but hope it comes in close to the Sage 1.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Shenmue728

Post by Shenmue728 »

Sequimite wrote:I liked the comment about the Zulu having a low price! I'm sure that's relatively speaking, but hope it comes in close to the Sage 1.
i agree. I like how spyderco is introducing the new collabs through taiwan manufactures making it easier for us to get 'em in our pockets and give feedback on improving them. Great job Sal and team!

Side note now, Mr. Blonde, are the blades at these shows polished at all? The Zulu looks especially reflective... still think its cool!
[CENTER]:spyder::spyder:Spyderco C.O.T.C.O.:spyder::spyder:[/CENTER]
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

The blades are finished like they are in production, sometimes it lacks engraving, but otherwise all the f&f looks like regular production.

Wouter
Mr Blonde

Lum Chinese Folder Prototypes

Post by Mr Blonde »

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3_1WRAK45fw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3_1WRAK45fw&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wouter
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'll take one of each of the new chinese folders. That CF looks crazy and the G-10 Big lum seems to appeal more to me than the smooth handled variants
jossta

Post by jossta »

This is so much better than when the 2010 catalog came out.

I too am excited to hear about the good price of the Zulu, but am still depressed about them getting rid of the 4 way clip.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Kinda like that Breeden - NKP friendly - utility look
LOVE the Perrin PPT- that is one cool design - this is a definite!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Man they'd better make the Para2 in digicam or else I'll frigging die!
Seriously, keep making them with digicam handles, pretty please? :D
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I am just too excited about the bolt action lock on that Sage 3.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Thanks for the pictures, thanks for the videos

The knives are great - especially the Caly 3.5, Ti UKPK and Para2. It really feels like someone has gone back into the soul of these pieces and figured out where they wanted to go next - excellent bit of design :)

Now, some money. Where am I going to get some money from?
cr123

running out of pocket space

Post by cr123 »

hi wouter:

wow, really comprehensive look at the upcoming spydie models.

thank you thank you thank you for all the pics, writes, videos, and other post-production heavy things.

i think after buying the para 2 and other cool models, i will run out of pant pocket space. that means i might have to wear a photo vest w/even more pockets to lug all the spyderco's. :p
GG

Bttt

Post by GG »

Does anybody in the know have a feel for the release dates on any of the knives shown? Most of the proto's looked production ready... Anyway, I'm really jonesin' for a CF Balance, a CF Chinese, and a Maroon Shabaria. (OK, some others, too...). Along with the hinted Dodo and Persian sprints, I feel an empty wallet coming on...
Thanks, ;)
Greg
Dagon

Post by Dagon »

I was lucky enough to handle them all in Amsterdam, and my fave was the Breeden, closely followed by the Caly 3.5 and Zulu.
The Paramilitary seemed very nice indeed, but I already have a Military; I don't need to have both of them. Similarly I am still wondering if I should add the Caly 3.5 to my Caly 3; but it must be said that the 3.5 is truly wonderful and elegant.
The transparent Manix was fun as well, and I will rather wait for the transparent handle to appear on a smaller Spydie.
I already have a Shabaria, which is a true sculpture, but unfortunately I don't think it fits good in the hand. Still, it will be an opportunity for others to add a design statement.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

GG wrote:Does anybody in the know have a feel for the release dates on any of the knives shown? Most of the proto's looked production ready... Anyway, I'm really jonesin' for a CF Balance, a CF Chinese, and a Maroon Shabaria. (OK, some others, too...). Along with the hinted Dodo and Persian sprints, I feel an empty wallet coming on...
Thanks, ;)
Greg
There's one rule in Spyderland, don't try to predict release dates. I'm confident we'll see most knives this year. But they won't be out until they're out.

Wouter