Waved spyderco's

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ssmtbracer

Waved spyderco's

Post by ssmtbracer »

I just got a USN endura with the waved opener. Now I only want to carry the waved model knives does anyone else feel this way.
freedoom

Post by freedoom »

Until they make a Sage 2 with a wave i think i can live without it.
Franciscomv

Post by Franciscomv »

I like wave openers a lot, I can play with my Emerson karambit for hours. :)

On Spydies, I prefer the look of non-factory waves such as those made by STR cutting the whole instead of having both the hole and the wave like on the factory knives.

I'm going to give a local maker a couple of Byrd knives to wave, if I like the result my Spyderhawk and Tasman will be next.
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

I actually just sold my waved endura, just don't need it. While it's fun to play with, once the novelty wears off there is not much point to it, I never need deployment that fast, and I try to keep a low profile with my knives.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i love them. for the longest time i didnt even think of drawing the knife toward the front of the pocket so it is deployed in your hand in whatever that grip is called. can you tell i dont know much about knives and the martial arts using them :o . personally i think the delica looks better with the wave than the endura but i carry both regularly.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
ToneGrail

Post by ToneGrail »

I'm definitely a fan. Ever since I got my Waved Endura 4, I haven't carried anything else. Now all my assisted or autos make it seem like I have to fumble around to deploy them. With the Endura 4 Wave, it's instant gratification!
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I like waves, but the would not help on my favorite EDC the Military due to tip down carry.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Donut

Post by Donut »

One thing that makes it difficult for me to like the wave is how difficult it is to take a knife out of my pocket without it opening. =\
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I think waved knives are great. I don't have any Spyderco waved knives but I've got two Emersons a combat and super karambit. I've handled my buddy's waved endura and it's great. I find for the wave to work perfectly every time you give the knife a slight twist when drawing from the pocket. I've put the zip tie on my manix 2 and stretch before and it works great just find it ruins the asthetics of the knife
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

ChapmanPreferred wrote:I like waves, but the would not help on my favorite EDC the Military due to tip down carry.
STR can make them tip up and wave them, the only millie i have was reclipped by him. he does great work.
My knives
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Donut wrote:One thing that makes it difficult for me to like the wave is how difficult it is to take a knife out of my pocket without it opening. =\
When you take it out, twist it so the hook facing towards your leg and don't catch your pocket.
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

Yup, I'm still waiting for more waved models. Specifically the Police 3, that thing would be twice as good if it were waved (and in ZDP-189).

The Large Manix 2 definitely needs a waved S90V run when it comes out.
Cannot Die Happy Without The Maxamet Yojumbo
XavierV

Post by XavierV »

I just got my first spydie (well for my girlfriend) a spyderhawk H1. I think the it's a pretty good self defense knife for a woman. Did the zip tie trick on it and it rocks, you can open it in both grips just like an emerson karambit ....but then again it does look ugly.

whateves, it's for self defense. If they did however make a waved spyderhawk or someone does a good looking job with the mod..I would be all over one for myself.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

first off welcome to the board. STR i believe, is licensed to wave knives by emerson. here is his own sub forum on BF. ask him there.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forum ... .php?f=810
My knives
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Zip ties work great for some. For some they suck.
jag-engr

Post by jag-engr »

Blerv wrote:Zip ties work great for some. For some they suck.
Zip ties work great for a Caly3. I usually carry either a Caly3 or a UKPK. If I'm going to be doing a lot of heavy/outdoor/construction-type work, I'll put a zip tie on the Spyder hole for a quick draw.
lost tasman

Post by lost tasman »

yes, my first Spyderco was an Endura wave. I LOVE the waved stuff. I also have a USN Endura but I am not nearly as brave and mine is never been out of the box.
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"
James Dean
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

jzmtl wrote:I actually just sold my waved endura, just don't need it. While it's fun to play with, once the novelty wears off there is not much point to it, I never need deployment that fast, and I try to keep a low profile with my knives.
I generally agree with you.
Montreal isn't the best place to be flashing knives around...

On the other hand, I still carry my Waved Endura and If I ever need to take it in public, just twist it slightly so that the Wave doesn't deploy the blade.