Where IWB Do You EDC?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Water Bug

Where IWB Do You EDC?

Post by Water Bug »

I have a potentially silly question for y'all... Where along the waistband do you EDC your :spyder: ?

It's a method of carry I would like to explore. I'm a belt and pocket EDC kind of guy looking for suggestions. I'm guessing it's probably personal preference, but I'd like to hear how some people here EDC their :spyder: IWB.

Appreciate any suggestions you may have.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I normally dont IWB but sometimes when pockets are full(or extra protection) I will slip a stainless SE Police IWB right next to my belt buckle on my right-hand side. Surprisingly does not bother me when sitting.
Come Join Us Click Here
PSU

Post by PSU »

The 4 o'clock position seems like a good one to try.
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

I go to the right of my belt buckle everyday with my FRN dragonfly. I have been carrying here everyday for about 8 years. Now I almost always have another knife in another pocket or in another position.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
THG

Post by THG »

With my Delica or Stretch, between the button and the first belt loop to my right. Not bothersome whatsoever; in fact, I don't even notice it's there.
Im not good at sharpening, even with a sharpmaker. How get your blade good can your blade with an edge pro system? - Bladeforums user

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? - Some Online Meme
Franciscomv

Post by Franciscomv »

I only carry H1 Spydies IWB, anything else would just desintegrate due to my corrosive sweat.

I carry at 1 o'clock if I'm going to be using the knife with my right hand, or at 11 o'clock if I'm going to be using it with my left hand. Being ambidextrous is a great excuse to carry twice as many Spydies. :)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

occasionally a cricket. nice and slim. :)

PS: The cricket not me =p
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

i between my belt loop and back pocket around the hip area. Get a pair of levis and look where the belt loop is right on top of the pocket and thats where i put my two H-1 Spyderhawks. One of each side.
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

When I wear scrubs (working in ED or Hyperbarics), I carry my Delica IWB at 11 or 1 o'clock, just medial to the anterior superior iliac spine. I like to clip it to match the angle of the inguinal fold.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

npueppke

Post by npueppke »

I've tried different places but they are all uncomfortable when I sit down because I am quite skinny. The best seem to be either right next to the front pocket and beltloop, angled back or behind that belt loop on the side as VashHash explained. Some people also carry in the 'appendix' position but this is the last place I would want to worry about a knife opening on me (not as tight against the skin so more chance of opening, obviously near groin region, and right next to femoral artery if it were to open=too risky for me). Some swear by that position, though.
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I wouldn't carry an automatic, or even a liner lock that easily opened once the ball bearing detent was pushed past, but the consistent spring pressure from the back lock on the Delica allays my worries about carrying "appendix".
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

Crocodilo

Post by Crocodilo »

When I do, it's at three o'clock, between the hip bone and the belt loop on my 501's.
:spyder: 7 Millies, 4 Paras, 2 Calys, 2 Enduras, 1 Chinook, 1 Manix, 1 Delica, 1 UKPK, 1 Tasman, 1 D'fly
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

I carry IWB since over 10 years and use a spot inbetween 3 and 4 o'clock.
Jurphaas :)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

When I carry IWB, it's in the 4 o'clock position.
The Spyderco karambit fits real nice that way, if you change the clip to the other side, that is.
All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
Fred S

Post by Fred S »

Military or Pac Salt, appendix
Experience is something you get right after you need it :eek:
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

sarguy wrote:When I wear scrubs (working in ED or Hyperbarics), I carry my Delica IWB at 11 or 1 o'clock, just medial to the anterior superior iliac spine. I like to clip it to match the angle of the inguinal fold.
Well thanks for clearing that up, now I know exactly where you carry it. That is the in the waist band area right? :D
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
dorfinator

Post by dorfinator »

I hadn't thought about IWB for my folder but now you have me really thinking. Since I carry my Glock 26 appendix carry IWB at the 1-2 o'clock position I guess my Stretch or soon to own Blue Manix will go in 3-4 o'clock position. But then I do carry my Gerber multitool in a pouch on my belt at the 4 o'clock position most of the time too.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I've been using IWB carry for over 10 years now. The 'appendix carry' works great for me. Between the 1 and 2 o' clock position (or appendix carry) for a right handed knife, and between 10 and 11 o' clock for a left-handed knife.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

yep, the usual appendix carry for folders, clipped under/through the belt loop.

fixed blades I carry on a 30-40deg cant, across the small of my back IWB.

Craig made me a dual millie rig for IWB, Pivots about 4" apart and then between the slight angle it's set at and the curve of the handle, they sit around 30deg... pretty much covers the kidneys with g-10 :p As long as you don't bend over or reach much, your shirt or sweater stays down and it's well concealed as it holds them high and tight.
Almost forgot I was wearing the rig until I was playing pool yesterday, when my sweater hung up on the side. No-one said anything when I took my sweater off.

I'll get a pic later today of the rig, since I still need to post a full review of his latest handiwork :p
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

Thanks for the laughs: Sarguy's post cracked me up, yes gave an exact location, Water Bug you a doctor?