New Ocelot came today

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JohnAPA

New Ocelot came today

Post by JohnAPA »

All I can say is wow. I didn't realize that these are built so solid. Full length liners, blade dead centered, locks up tight as a drum. I am absolutely tickled with this knife. I'm really surprised they aren't more popular. The only problem is the PE are hard to come by so I guess I'll just have to patient in looking for another. :)
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I have a CE and a PE.
The best Wegner design of them all.REALLY wish they would do a Orange sprint run.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Congratulations on the Ocelot! It's a cool design.
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

JohnAPA wrote:All I can say is wow. I didn't realize that these are built so solid. Full length liners, blade dead centered, locks up tight as a drum. I am absolutely tickled with this knife. I'm really surprised they aren't more popular. The only problem is the PE are hard to come by so I guess I'll just have to patient in looking for another. :)
Well said!

Love my PE Ocelot, have a CE Ocelot coming in.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

J Smith wrote:I have a CE and a PE.
The best Wegner design of them all.REALLY wish they would do a Orange sprint run.
Would that be great or what.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
North61

Post by North61 »

Really great blade design....one of the best for hunting. The Ocelot's only problem is it's way to nice to take hunting. Great EDC blade though.
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

North61 wrote:Really great blade design....one of the best for hunting. The Ocelot's only problem is it's way to nice to take hunting. Great EDC blade though.
I'm no hunter, but always thought it would make a great blade for hunting with all the well-designed jimping. Getting all the gunk out of the footprints afterwards might be challenging.

An excellent EDC, almost too nice, great ergos!
North61

Post by North61 »

It's a funny problem to be too beautiful for the task at hand. Taking an Ocelot hunting is sort of like having a high fashion model working at the local fish plant. Just doesn't seem to fit the task somehow. As a fancy EDC knife the Ocelot comes into it's own. Truly usable art.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

skatenut wrote:I'm no hunter, but always thought it would make a great blade for hunting with all the well-designed jimping. Getting all the gunk out of the footprints afterwards might be challenging.

An excellent EDC, almost too nice, great ergos!
It is not hard to clean,I think that got started by a bunch of guys that never tried it.Hot water,tooth brush and dawn cleans it as easy as any other G10 knife.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]