Factory Sharp

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

Handwrecker wrote:A Buck/Mayo TNT?
Yep! I so happen to know the guy. :D
Handwrecker wrote:And that's unfortunate about your Para, sorry man.
Update: I got an email today saying that my para falls within their "tolerance levels"... I've asked them to return all of my knives without being sharpened. I'm disgusted. But now I feel bad about how I replied.
One less customer,

XXX
Especially since I don't see myself becoming a police officer without a gnarly serrated spydie in my pocket so that's obviously not true..
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Well, that's unfortunate. :(

My Para 2 is not that bad. I would say that 1 side of the tip is about 2/3 of the other side. Yours is off by about 1/2. Things look fine from the sides, just when you look at it from the front like that, it's more obvious.

I've got mixed feelings about this. I don't mind uneven grinds so much, specially because I'm aware that it's done by hand and getting it perfectly even is not easy in a production environment. My thought is that it will fix itself after a few sharpening sessions. But having sent the knife along with a bunch of others a long way, it sucks to be told, it's within specs.

One thing, if I'm looking to buy a knife to collect, I usually call the vendor and ask if they can hand pick one for you. Most places will do you this courtesy. On users, I don't.

I feel your pain, bro.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
shane omac

Post by shane omac »

ok r u ready for this? they use a sharpmaker they made it they use it. Being a colorado and golden native i have been to the outlet dozens of times at least once a month and have seen the staff and even gail(sal's wife) use the sharpmaker.