What would you do with a NIB Trailing Point Lil Temp?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
So-Lo

What would you do with a NIB Trailing Point Lil Temp?

Post by So-Lo »

Well I'v ran across a NIB Trailing Point Lil Temp or as I like to call them Rino Horn Lil Temps :D

So-Lo

Post by So-Lo »

So-Lo

Post by So-Lo »

As for the question, "What would you do with a NIB Trailing Point Lil Temp?" I know what I would do... :D

Carry it, but first I'd reprofile the edge :D

So-Lo

Post by So-Lo »

And... now I can put her where she wants to be, IN MY POCKET!!! :D

SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

or you can sell it to me?
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'd definitely carry it. I don't know where it would fit in my rotation but it would find a spot. I'd probably pull my CF stretch and carry that so i could see how 440V holds up.
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

Nice! Did you reprofile with a edgepro or free hand?
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
So-Lo

Post by So-Lo »

All freehand :D

I traded the Edgepro for more Spydies loooooong ago! :D

Don't even own a "sharpmaker," just use a 6 inch DMT diasharp course, Spyderco "profile" set, and a Spyderco 306UF stone... Then a green charged leather strop block. I will be able to put out better edges when I get the full set of 8 inch diasharps, but at $300 I could be buying more knives :D
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

You got skills!
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I would probably drool, cry from happiness, and then wake up at 2am from the insomnia-heartburn I commited at dinner.

Grats on the blade! That edge looks sick.
So-Lo

Post by So-Lo »

nathan310 wrote:You got skills!
Thanks for the kind words,

Hours and hours of sharpening, I probably spend at least 4 hours every week sharpening (been really into this for about 4+ years now)... It's as much of the hobby for me as the hunt for the next knife.

Probably 500 hours of sharpening under my belt or more, and probably 300 hours of that is freehanding. :cool:
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Great find! Your reprofiled edge is very impressive. I love my sharpmaker but I definitely appreciate the skill of sharpening properly by hand-I've been thinking about getting a set of profiles.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
mikebandw186

Post by mikebandw186 »

What would I do? Probably cut stuff
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." Sal Glesser

Proudly carrying the SpyderEdge!

Chance is a fickle B$%^h and I have no faith in the judgmental abilities of criminals. -KaliGMan
JD Spydo

Very commendable all the way around

Post by JD Spydo »

So-Lo wrote:All freehand :D

I traded the Edgepro for more Spydies loooooong ago! :D

Don't even own a "sharpmaker," just use a 6 inch DMT diasharp course, Spyderco "profile" set, and a Spyderco 306UF stone... Then a green charged leather strop block. I will be able to put out better edges when I get the full set of 8 inch diasharps, but at $300 I could be buying more knives :D
I love and fully agree with your priorities "So Lo" :) Since about 1999 my top priorities have been to amass as much premium sharpening equipment as I can get my hands on. Right now one of my highest priorities is to get the new 308 GOLDENSTONE that Spyderco has recently released as well as the 307 Slip Stone. Those are 2 of the very few Spyderco sharpening tools I don't currently have.

The Edge Pro is a great tool so please don't misunderstand what I'm saying>> but there is something to be said for attaining skills or doing much of your sharpening manually. And Spyderco has some of the very best equipment on the market for doing it by hand.

As for the Rhino Horn Lil T>> Well for starters I've always liked 440V better than the S30V they replaced it with. And the Rhino Horn has always been my ultimate favorite variant of the Lil T. It was one of the Spyders I was forced to sell that I still shed a few tears for occasionally :o

Congratulations on the Lil T and the new Spyderco sharpening gear. You truly did the right thing. You can always get another Edge Pro down the road at some point. I eventually want to get one myself. But to have equipment in which you can do it by your own attained skills??? PRICELESS!! ;)
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!