Another Spydie sighting on TV

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
myates

Another Spydie sighting on TV

Post by myates »

I was watching Man vs. Food yesterday and Adam the host was using a black bladed Millie to extract oyesters somewhere in SC. Kinda cool that you get to see a knife in some other role besides a weapon role. I know that see the guy from Good Eats likes Spydies haven't been able to see one one that show yet.

Mike
Hi my name is Mike and I'm a Military addict. Please help me feed my addiction.

:spyder:Orange S30V:spyder:Digicam S30V:spyder:440V SE:spyder:Black S30V CE:spyder:Black S30V PE:spyder:

Looking for older Millies.
john row

Good Eats / Alton Brown

Post by john row »

Alton Brown, the guy on Good Eats, did a 4 part miniseries called Feasting On Asphalt where they did a motorcycle ride from New Orleans to the headwaters of the Mississippi River in Minnesota.

That's where I saw him with a Benchmade. Not sure which model

NOW be aware that he endorses (a hefty agreement, I hear)/ uses Shun knives regarding his Chef stuff. On the road trip it was a close enough shot that it sure looked like a Benchmade though.

He recently did an episode of GE where he does the whole show on knives, skills, techniques, etc. There was a collection of various manufacturers products , just as you'd figure - right tool for the right job. A mezzaluna for example. ;-)

john
Gee Mr Glesser, them sure are pretty knives!
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Its actualy ironic how often a Spyderco Police pops up in a movie or music vid..Very Nice..very popular model it seems.. I was quite surprised to see a Benchmade 530? or it could have been the earlier Pardue model 350 in the movie Hostage/Bruce Willis..
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

movie: toy soldiers last night on starz
the mob boss orders the bad guys father killed after the bad guy kils his son acidentally....
the mob boss has a prisoner slit his throat and throw him off the tier. the knife that slit his throat looked like a ss police with teeth. paused tivo and looked online, couldnt verify. or maybe a endura fs ss? def saw the spyder hole
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
JD Spydo

The Native would be a good Shucker

Post by JD Spydo »

myates wrote:I was watching Man vs. Food yesterday and Adam the host was using a black bladed Millie to extract oyesters somewhere in SC. Kinda cool that you get to see a knife in some other role besides a weapon role. I know that see the guy from Good Eats likes Spydies haven't been able to see one one that show yet.

Mike
That's interesting. Because I always thought that the Native would be a really good oyster shucking knife.

And don't forget to watch WILD RECON on the Animal Planet channel. The host Donald Shultz is a true-blue Spyder-head to be sure.

I also seem to remember seeing a couple of Spyders on the Discovery channel show called "Deadliest Catch".
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

JD Spydo wrote: I also seem to remember seeing a couple of Spyders on the Discovery channel show called "Deadliest Catch".
Aqua Salt's and a Mariner Salt were used.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

myates wrote:I was watching Man vs. Food yesterday and Adam the host was using a black bladed Millie to extract oyesters somewhere in SC. Kinda cool that you get to see a knife in some other role besides a weapon role. I know that see the guy from Good Eats likes Spydies haven't been able to see one one that show yet.

Mike
Man, you stole my sighting! And a year before me too! They just replayed that MVF episode today, it was MVF Charleston, and he was eating steamed oysters with that Millie.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Well, I just saw what looked like an SS delica in an episode of CSI:NY. A lady used it to cut her arms to fake an attack from a guy in prison. The lady ended up drowning in a sabotaged bathroom.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Well, I just saw what looked like an SS delica in an episode of CSI:NY. A lady used it to cut her arms to fake an attack from a guy in prison. The lady ended up drowning in a sabotaged bathroom.
Remember kids, dont cut your arms off to fake an attack from a guy in prison...

You will drown in a bathroom.
Come Join Us Click Here
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

One of the storage shows on discovery, the big bald guy used an orange assist to open a box.