Scale color for 2010 Forum Knife - Manix 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What color do you prefer for the 2010 Manix Forum Knife?

Orange (Millie, UKPK)
16%
Dark Green (Lil' Temp)
11%
Yellow
3%
Pink
1%
Natural translucent (Leafstorm)
37%
Gray
3%
Red
13%
Brown
3%
Digi Camo (Millie, Para)
12%

Total votes: 235

FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Remember its a forum knife, so the make up of the knife needs to be very distinct and different, if not borderline sublime.

Something along that idea would maybe show that there isn't a need for engraving. Just the knife itself will identify what it is and what it represents.

That USN Forum knife, without any special USN markings on it, you knwo right off the bat what it is.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

What do you guys with the translucent Leafstorm reckon about some sort of etching on the liner of a Manix. Would the etching show through enough to be effective. Might look good, possitively identify it as a forum knife & keep the blade free of webs & stuff.
O.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Any update on 1) what Forum Knife will be? Hard to believe it could still be Manix 2 w/ the CF and blue sprints just out and 2) any progress on color?
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

NATURAL....

:spyder:
<--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES
Stephen

Recount!!!!! lol

Post by Stephen »

It will be cool to see the run off poll if/when Sequimite makes one that only has the top three or four colors in it. It would be very interesting to see whether or not translucent still takes the top spot or if dark green or orange pull ahead.

It would be especially interesting to me because I really really don't like translucent G10. :mad: :mad: :D
My :spyder:'s: Tan M4 Manix!, P'kal, Rock Salt, Pink Endura CE, Orange Moran, USN Endura, Bug, Honeybee, FRN Cricket.
v8r

Post by v8r »

Well I'm down for translucent G10......I guess that will be the third Manix II that I will end up buying this year. :o :D
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
2cha

Post by 2cha »

How about Gold for Golden? I like idea of trying to tie to theme--like red and black, I just think that red and black is too macabre. Failing the gold, I guess I go for translucent too.
cyberspyder

Post by cyberspyder »

What about White, so everyone could dye it the colour they want?
I BLEED TOXIC GREEN
:spyder: SPYDIE NUT
:spyder:

:spyder: Spyderco OG Manix PE
:spyder: Spyderco Black Dodo SE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco Black Paramilitary PE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco SPOT PE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco OG Blackhawk SE *gone*
:spyder: Spyderco Ladybug/Photon *gone*
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Pneumothorax wrote:Any update on 1) what Forum Knife will be? Hard to believe it could still be Manix 2 w/ the CF and blue sprints just out and 2) any progress on color?
Sorry for the long delay, fortunately we have a lot of 2010 left to go.

The holdup is in getting a Manix 2 fitted with natural scales. It may take another couple of weeks. While we're familiar with various G-10 colors, the natural translucent is different because of the difficulty in imagining how the jimping and other features of the liners would look through the translucent scales. For this reason I didn't want to go ahead with the final color selection until everyone could see what the Manix 2 looks like in natural G-10.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I hope that we will have 2010 Forum knife. Also I think M2 would be a good choice, as long as blade FFG. My friend bought M2 when they just come out and I was not impressed, still I bought Blue M2, because it is blue :o (one of my favorite colors) and I like the blade a lot. 154 CM is OK, color - deep green, deep blue or black would be great.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
tomoto

Post by tomoto »

Natural translucent has got my vote :D
wow... that would look simply amazing!
:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
vaa

Post by vaa »

Translucent with FFG and CPM-3V steel. That would be a sick Forum Knife.
________
BIG TITS ITALIAN
supmonkeyface

Post by supmonkeyface »

Translucent ftw.
T-Mag (awesome), PE Endura Wave, PE FRN Dragonfly, SE Delica4 FG, PE Manix FG, Lava, Swick-(2009), SE Blue Do-Do, Karambit, SE Para-Military, SE Micarta Spot, Bug, Hossom Forester, 2009 Forum Native, Spyderhawk Salt SE
edge-e

Post by edge-e »

Trans for me. :)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I have a Graham Bros. Stubby in translucent G11 (not G10) and though the G11 is a hoot the "color" does nothing for me. I'd vote for almost anything in preference to "natural"/translucent G10.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Not trying to rain on the parade but I wouldn't expect a forum knife every year folks. ;)

I personally wouldn't want a Manix 2 forum knife. I am a fan of less expensive forum knives.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

To repeat a point made in anotherr thread. The original poll contained every Spyderco knife made in Golden that had an expected forum knife price (after upcharge for FFG and custom scales) of under $100.

Just wanted the newcomers to know that low cost was a factor and that almost 2/3 of voters selected the Manix 2. Any amount may be too much for some.

Trying to pick a knife that is both unique and popular with forumites pits two contradictory goals. Some will intensely dislike the result no matter what it is. I will definitely buy it, no matte what it is.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

I think the polls developed a very good option. I'm hoping it can happen. That would be a very nice piece.
AlexB

Post by AlexB »

Translucent plz. :D
texcaliber

Post by texcaliber »

I would like red please. Ummm now that I think it over one of each would be fine.
"All I need in life is Love and a 45......and now a Spyderco."