Endura question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Baconman69

Endura question

Post by Baconman69 »

I have 2 waved enduras and a regular endura and the lock on my waved enduras is noticably harder to push down than the regular endura. I'm guessing this is because the spring is stronger on the other 2 models. I was just wondering if this is normal or if this might be some kind of problem.

Thanks in advance
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i have taken apart both waved and non-waved version and put them all back together again successfully i might add :p . i didn't notice that one spring was bent more or thicker than the other. are you sure there isn't any lint or something that could be causing the stiffer operation?
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I was wondering the same thing, first lint, and then the tightness of the main torx screw.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

THG

Post by THG »

There's no difference in the spring strengths between my D4 and D4W.
Im not good at sharpening, even with a sharpmaker. How get your blade good can your blade with an edge pro system? - Bladeforums user

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? - Some Online Meme
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I have not noticed any differences.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Baconman69

Post by Baconman69 »

I took apart the regular endura to see if something was wrong but i didnt notice anything out of order. It only seems strange to me because the waved enduras have just about the exact same lock resistance while the regular endura takes a lot less force to disengage. The blade was also pretty loose when i got it and had some forward blade play but ive tightened all of the screws since taking it apart. That only helped with the looseness of the blade which still has a little forward blade play.