How many of you EDC a Ladybug Hawkbill?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
charge

How many of you EDC a Ladybug Hawkbill?

Post by charge »

Hello all,

just curious how many of you carry one. I carry a Leatherman Charge Ti and hopefully soon I'll be adding a FRN Stretch. I also today just ordered two Bugs.
Now I'm looking at the Ladybug Hawkbill. I owned a Tasman Salt and loved it but I think a smaller knife will fit in my EDC load a little easier right now.

How do you carry yours? What are you cutting with it? How does it handle?

Looks like my Bug may have a friend on the keychain.

Thanks for the help

charge
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

I EDC my ladybug hawkbill. It's great I actually gave my Barong to my girlfriend and kept the ladybug :eek: :D I made a little leather necklace sheath so at work it's right there ready to go. I just cut things like cardboard, bubblewrap, letters, etc. Well worth the money
War is mostly waiting.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

I have one in my 'small, secondary knife' rotation. It's great for opening packaging -- boxes, clamshells, etc. I really should track down another one or two as spares and gifts.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
Tank

Post by Tank »

I just love my ladybug hawkbill. I keep switching it to what ever keys I am using and at night I fiddle with it all the time. Its the first keychain knife that I just can't put down. I really want to get at least one more. Another sprint run with H-1 and the yellow handle would be super sweet. Between this and my spyderhawk my poor tasman is now in storage.
-John
jossta

Post by jossta »

Tank wrote:Another sprint run with H-1 and the yellow handle would be super sweet.
This, please.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i edc it! it's an awesome little hawkbill, to be sure! seems like it has many possibilities as a tiny concealed blade for emergency SD.

this blade is a natural for H1 -- hope to see an H1 version that will be more SE alaska-appropriate! :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I just put a small lanyard on my two, to "extend" the handle a bit and carry them in a pocket. They are very useful and good-looking little knives. My son in law liked it so much at Christmas I aquired my dealer's last one for him for his birthday. I like it very much, and it was well worth the wait.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

brandonreed2008 wrote: I made a little leather necklace sheath so at work it's right there ready to go.
Do you have a pic of the sheath? :cool:

- best wishes, Jazz.
JT

Post by JT »

I do!
I just added a lanyard, and it rides freely in my pocket. It handles VERY well, it really is a LBK=little BIG knife! I've abused mine quite much so far, since I have two more to use if this one "dies". But no, it can take on such tasks as cutting sandpaper, heavy boxes, and radiator hose, thick soundproofing mat..

OT:
I think that Spyderco should make one more Hawkbill size, that is the size of D-fly. Then we would have full deck of hawkies, from Ladybug to Spyderhawk.

AND YES! LBK Hawkbill in H1 please :D :D
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

My wife just threw out an old Swiss Army book bag, so I took the Ladybug Hawkbill to it to see what it could do - WOW! It sliced through all the materials with VERY little effort. It was all nylon, padding, and netting. It was only a little harder to cut through the main strap (seemed like a seatbelt to me), but still easy. Now I like the little guy even more!

- best wishes, Jazz.
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

One on my keychain right now. It's amazing all the things it comes in handy for. Plus, even the non-knife people I know aren't bothered by it (my H1 Spyderhawk on the other hand...).

One young lady told me it was "Wicked looking but Cute".
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

it would be on my key ring right now if it was stainless steel but i wasnt that lucky with all my whining, never liked the FRN key ring Spydercos, they just open too easy for something i cant see in my pocket
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

I haven't had that problem, but then, my keys ride outside my pants on a snap-link.
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

I carry mine everywhere. It cuts everything from zip-ties to snack wrappers.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse