Your favorite Spyderco of 2009 was?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Mastiff

Your favorite Spyderco of 2009 was?

Post by The Mastiff »

#1) The best for last. Gayle Bradley C134CFP in CPM M4

If it wasn't for the wood troubles the Buscrafter would be nudging it. Very strong competition from the S90V Manix 2 sprint, but my vote goes to the Bradley. If you are going to do hard use, high performance HSS knives you may as well as do it right. From what I've seen so far in mine it's the best so far. Good luck topping this one. :)

BTW, I think this steel should be available in more knives. For those of us not scared of rust anyway. :)
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

My Bradley was "purchased" in 2009, but did not arrive yet. So it will be a 2010 knife, I guess. My absolute 2009 favorite, by a good bit, is the Bob T. In my pocket now and likely to stay there for quite a while.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

For me it would be the FRN Stretch. The only hard choice would be deciding which of the two versions, VG-10 or ZDP-189, I like better. Second place would go to the Forum Native, it's the only other 2009 release I purchased that ever sees pocket time.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The Barong, which is becoming my favorite Spyderco of all time, came out late 2008 so I can't choose that one.

I'll pick the Chokwe as my favorite 2009 Spyderco. Another knife which looks ergonomically questionable in the picture but is perfection in the hand.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
vito72

Post by vito72 »

My personal was military.
But if im looking to spyderco company production 2009 i think im with Paul Deacon the stretch will be one must for years.
Manix Guy 2

Lefty Military

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

My Lefty Miltary that was stolen and then another gifted to me by Sal is the top of my list . New old stock bought this year would a lefty Police Model SS Police . Regards MG2
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Chokwe is finding more time in my pocket. Very nice slicer and the longest i've carried on a regular basis.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Number 1 is a Caly 3. Manix2 is a good second place for me.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
Chibbi

Post by Chibbi »

Another vote for the Gayle Bradley here,,, mine still has to arrive (ordered on the 26th), but am very much looking forward to it,,, I'm a hard-use folder kinda guy :D
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Without a doubt it was the carbon fiber Manix2 with S90v blade steel. Awesome knife.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
noddy

Post by noddy »

Stretch

but I like the look on that G10 Dragonfly
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

I have not received my Bradley, but I doubt it can top the Manix 2 S90V.
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

The Sage II, no doubt.
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

Chokwe, FRN Stretch. Bradley didn't make it to me yet, but from what I hear and if it is the same quality as the Tainwan Chokwe brother, it may well make it top 3.

Dennis
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Jay_Ev wrote:Without a doubt it was the carbon fiber Manix2 with S90v blade steel. Awesome knife.
+1!!! I think it might have been the Bradley but mine isn't here yet either. But the S90V Manix 2 rocks!!

Ken
玉鋼
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

H1 Spyderhawk! Other hawkbills tremble in its shadow (ok, maybe not the superhawk, but the Spyderhawk is one rough hombre! :D )
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

H1 Spyderhawk for sure.
JBE

Post by JBE »

Have to be a toss up between the FRN Stretch and the Sage 2...two totally different designs but I love 'em both and they both receive about equal pocket time...
Jason
SaturnNyne

Post by SaturnNyne »

I'm tempted to say the Persistence. It was my first Spyder purchase in three years and I'm just blown away by the performance and value of it.

Manix2 is another contender, the design and price point are what lured me back in and made me want to check out the new stuff the company was coming out with.

But my feeling is I have to give it to the orange UKPK Rescue. I bought one as a factory second because I wanted a UK and the price was right (helped by the fact that this seems to be easily the least desirable model). I didn't find it all that desirable either; I thought the blade shape was ugly but it'd be something new and allow me to try out the UK. Much to my surprise, I absolutely love the knife—blade and all. It carries well, cuts well, feels good in the hand, and I even think it looks good now. I've been carrying it every day since I got it; very surprisingly satisfied by this one.
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Stretch II with either blade. Great value for such a great knife.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"