Your favorite Spyderco of 2009 was?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

For me, it was the Gayle Bradley C134CFP in CPM M4.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
Firebat

Post by Firebat »

Manix 2 and Bradley are tied for me.
SpranK

Post by SpranK »

Manix2 is a pretty sweet one!
Kambei

Post by Kambei »

Stretch II! Love that knife.
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

All the new variations of the Military. Very good for a Millie collector.
...oh you know why!
JT

Post by JT »

The Manix II is sweet.
However, I've been the proud owner of the Ladybug Hawkbill for a few days now. Quess what, I've got three more incoming.. :D :D
So I have to say, that this little BUT capable knife is my favorite :spyder: of 2009.
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Stretch II FRN. Love the ergos on the handle and the blade.

Also my find of the big Manix. But that is a category all on its own.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

The Spyderhawk H1 wins by a beak.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

I bought all af my Spydies in 2009... so which one is best? :P

Salt 1 SE -> my introduction to Spyderco, and to H1 steel. LOVE H1!

UKPK FG -> possibly the best office-friendly EDC knife to date

Delica 4 PE ZDP-189 -> fantastic knife, and great value. The Delica 4 is possibly one of the most underestimated premium knives I know of. It feels great in my hands, carries perfectly, easy to disassemble. The only downside may be that ZDP-189 can be a bit hard to sharpen, however in that case you can always buy the VG-10 version :D

Sage 1 -> a great design, CF handles, wireclip and FFG CPM-S30V for a great price. Don't let the word 'Taiwan' on the tang fool you into thinking this is a low quality knife, because in fact it's a product of fantastic craftsmanship.

Ladybug3 SE -> cool to collect, great as presents, and actually way more usable than one would think at first sight :)

So actually, it's hard to choose. I'm tempted to pick the Salt as my favorite, but it isn't. I really really REALLY love H1 steel, but my D4 carries better, and feels better in my hand. I'm considering getting a Delica 4 in full Spyderedge (haven't decided between VG-10 and ZDP-189 yet ;) ), but if Sal can upgrade the Salt 1 to the D4 design (Salt 2? :p ), it becomes a no-brainer -> Yellow D4-design Salt 2 in full Spyderedge with H1 steel :D Maybe Spyderco should make that, so I can rate it "Best Spydie for 2010" :D
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

It was a good year IMO. I didn't really consider the FRN stretch 2 in ZDP perhaps as I was so used to the CF model already, but it is a very worthy choice. The Sage I still have no experience with. The Millie variations this year sort of left me behind. Nothing new or notable in a new color for me. Not likr the years they came out with BG42,CPM D2, or S90V sprints. Even the new Ti millie in S30V will get a pass. Just how many S30V millies does one guy need? Oh well. It was a great year for knives here IMO.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
bh49

Post by bh49 »

For it was Giraffe Bone Kopa, also "honorable mention" goes to FFG Natives(2009 Forum knife and CF Native4).
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

npueppke wrote:The Sage II, no doubt.
this. ^
no doubt is right. :D i say this cause it gets so much pocket time. not to big either, nj is a pain with the knife laws... the right mili and the wrong cop at the wrong time equals arrest
oh and the forum purple native :D
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
RamDreamer

Post by RamDreamer »

2009 was a reconnection year for me with Spyderco. Just got away from staying current, although I've always continued my EDC habits. I became a huge fan of the Native line in '09. '09 is also the year I discovered the Para Military and became a user / collector and devotee of that model. I look forward to 2010 and the Para2 with much anticipation. :D

I might also add that in the running for "favorite Spyderco of 2009" would be this :spyder: forum. The knowledge, information and interaction available here is incredible and unparalleled. My personal thanks to the forumites, Kristi and Sal for making it such a great place.
duff72

Post by duff72 »

H-1 spyderhawk followed by frn stretch
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Orange UKPK. I was fortunate to receive one at a great price. It is my favorite knife to-date, ousting the Izula as my main EDC. I have yet to own any custom knives but I feel like the UKPK was designed just for me. Love it.
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

On steel love and great overall design the Bradley by a nose. Close behind were the Superhawk, Stretch FRN ZDP, manix 2 CF, and my Kreined Barong. I just love CPM M4, and Spyderco and Gayle Bradley (and the manufacturer in Taiwan) do it right. It is a thin edged (for factory knives) slicing machine that it super tough and looks classy to boot with it's twill CF. I really like the others I mentioned, but when I sharpened the Bradley to previously unreached sharpness levels for me it was instantly #1 on my list.

Mike
THG

Post by THG »

The Deacon wrote:For me it would be the FRN Stretch.
Same here. I love it. The fact that I carried it for 2 months without using it made it so much sweeter when I finally did haha

My Delica which I just restored (and did a full-convex grind on one side in addition to removing that damned "safety tip") is also one of my favorites. I'm loving it more every day.
Im not good at sharpening, even with a sharpmaker. How get your blade good can your blade with an edge pro system? - Bladeforums user

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? - Some Online Meme
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I don't think I can pick just one. I have bought a lot of knives in 09. Although most of these haven't seen much if any use yet I really like them.

Stretch VG10
Sage I
Khukuri
Forum Native
Caly III CF
Native 4 CF
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

Very tough. The standouts I've bought this year are the SuperHawk, Stretch and the Manix 2. I think, as far as ED goes, I think the Stretch would be the best purchase this year.
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder:
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Chokwe
O.