Jerry Hossom Forager

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
npueppke

Jerry Hossom Forager

Post by npueppke »

What can I say, this knife rocks! Love the feeling of that green Micarta. Unfortunately I got a collector's club number (New Graham), but no biggie. The scales rattled just a tiny bit, but I tightened the screws and now the fit and finish is absolutely flawless-gorgeous knife. Thanks Spyderco!
Markous

Post by Markous »

Not to take this off track :o but . . .

I had a similar problem, having to tighten the scales back down on my forester when first looked at after receiving it.

These Hossom designs are production knives with a custom look and feel :cool:
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

I am jelious... I want a fixed blade so bad iether a hossom or rock salt.

Sixheads
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Well now's the time to get them :cool: , but if you can't afford one right now I'm sure we'll see plenty more awesome fixed blades from Spyderco.

But having the Forager really makes me want a Dayhiker to match :confused: ... they are really awesome designs, I'm sad that they are discontinued.
droc217

Post by droc217 »

Just got a Forager in the mail yesterday, now I want a Forester! This thing is sweet! Isn't the N690 cobalt the same steel Extrema uses? I had a few of their knives some years ago, but they were always too expensive to use!

I've always loved Jerry's designs but I was never lucky enough to get the chance to buy any of his custom knives.

I think this knife is gorgeous. The original MSRP might have been a little high, but if you can get one for under $150 I think you'd be very satisfied. I mean, Spyderco and Hossom, you know their brainchild would turn out awesome.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

all 4 models rock..
<--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I got my forester for 120 plus 8 to ship. Great knife I did get some handle rattle just put some loc tite on the screws and never heard it again. AMAZING Fit and Finish on this knife. Definitely feels like a custom. The N690Co is the same steel as extrema. Also used on the Spyderco Volpe. The forester is the biggest fixed blade "Knife" that I own. I use that term loosely as it's pretty close to a machete in length. I would like to get a Forager too but it's just not in the cards for me right now. N690Co holds a good edge too and they come RAZOR sharp and convexed.
Falch

Post by Falch »

I'm just loving my forager. When i got it i thought it was awesome, but somehow it was missing the little extra for me, so i went on and made some alterations of sorts.

Image i made a new sheeth for it in leather, with a "clip loop" for assorted spyders

Image and made a wooden handle, in Norwegian oak, that is a little more chunky and filling for my hands.

these "mods" have made it my perfect outdoors buddy, always with me on trips.
(we actualy got alot closer a few weeks ago, when i managed to drop it on my right foot, severing the upper tendon of my big toe... lets hope it's thirst for blood is quenched for a while :D )
:spyder: Delica 4 PE,SE , Salt 1 PE , Native PE , Native 3 PE , Ladybug ss SE , UKPK Black , Forager , Cricket ss PE , Spin ss , Endura 4 FG CE , Wayne Goddard Black , Spydersaw , FG Manix , Black ZDP Chinese :spyder:

...and thirsting for more