2010 Catalog Pdf is up!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MrCharlie

2010 Catalog Pdf is up!

Post by MrCharlie »

Its up under the "download catalogs" section of the "catalog" tab of the main site.
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

Woot! Thank you for the info.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

thx for the heads up!
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Looks like a few interesting goodies in there..... :D
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Page 47, 2nd down...

C56CF Carbon Fibre Zowada. Already sent off an email asking for a pre-order :p
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately nothing in there really excites me, I was hoping for a few more surprises but I guess that's what happens with the economy the way it is. Here are the two things that struck me:

1. Manix 2 with Carpenter steel. Interesting, depending on what I can find out about this steel I really might be in for one!

2. FRN UKPK is hollow ground. I'll still get one, but my excitement for the model just went down about 80%. On the plus side, I dig that new texture! I also like the color choices, maroon and grey.. and it looks like blue might be a color too?

I also feel like the Zowada sprint is nothing more than a glorified Native, but each to their own right?

I couldn't find the flat ground Delicas in the catalog-I'd like to see pictures of the colors but I might have just missed them.

Other than that not really much to talk about, but I'm sure by the end of 2010 we'll see many more new releases that aren't in the catalog.
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

Marion David Poff
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

No CF Walker Sprint?
Intentionally Left Blank
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

npueppke wrote:I also feel like the Zowada sprint is nothing more than a glorified Native, but each to their own right?
I found with the original Zowada that it had to be used to be appreciated. I traded my cc #'d off as part of a knife purchase from a forum member. 6 months later I was missing it, but prices had already climbed beyond what I paid when I got it.

Just got a reply and put on the pre order list for one when it finally comes out. No ETA on it yet.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

npueppke wrote:Thanks for the link! Unfortunately nothing in there really excites me, I was hoping for a few more surprises but I guess that's what happens with the economy the way it is. Here are the two things that struck me:

1. Manix 2 with Carpenter steel. Interesting, depending on what I can find out about this steel I really might be in for one!

2. FRN UKPK is hollow ground. I'll still get one, but my excitement for the model just went down about 80%. On the plus side, I dig that new texture! I also like the color choices, maroon and grey.. and it looks like blue might be a color too?

I also feel like the Zowada sprint is nothing more than a glorified Native, but each to their own right?

I couldn't find the flat ground Delicas in the catalog-I'd like to see pictures of the colors but I might have just missed them.

Other than that not really much to talk about, but I'm sure by the end of 2010 we'll see many more new releases that aren't in the catalog.
I agree with pretty much everything you said here. I'm confused about the FRN UKPK being hollow ground. I guess to keep costs down? Advertising lightweight, you could make it lighter and a better slicer if it was flat ground. Overall, it makes me spend more because that means I have to send it to Tom Krein.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

npueppke wrote:1. Manix 2 with Carpenter steel. Interesting, depending on what I can find out about this steel I really might be in for one!
I think that's the standard 154CM Manix 2 that was intro'd in the middle of the year.
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

The very last page is pretty funny. :p
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
araneae

Post by araneae »

npueppke wrote: 2. FRN UKPK is hollow ground. I'll still get one, but my excitement for the model just went down about 80%. On the plus side, I dig that new texture! I also like the color choices, maroon and grey.. and it looks like blue might be a color too?
This is a huge disappointment for me too. I hope the price is low so I can rationalize getting one. I already have a FG G-10 version and it just got a bit harder to talk myself into "needing" the frn version.

Let me be the first to pester Sal for a run of FFG UKPK lightweights! Make mine Maroon!
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
araneae

Post by araneae »

JNewell wrote:I think that's the standard 154CM Manix 2 that was intro'd in the middle of the year.
Nope- Check pg 25. CTS-XHP on a FG Manix 2.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
jossta

Post by jossta »

JNewell wrote:I think that's the standard 154CM Manix 2 that was intro'd in the middle of the year.
Doc Pyres wrote:From the catalog:

"C101FG Manix2 G-10 Foliage Green CTS-XHP

Spyderco engineers are experimentalist, thriving on the pursuit of ana-
lyzing and proffering new knife materials. This one is our Manix2 with
a foliage green G-10 handle and new to the knife industry Carpenter
CTS-XHP steel blade. Call this one a ground-breaking steel experiment
carried out on the new Manix2 model."

:) :) :)
Got that from the carpenter steel thread. Sprint run.

edit: araneae beat me to it.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Got it, thanks. That should be interesting.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

other than ukpk frn and manix 2 foilage green what else is new?
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Just some observations. Last year I recall myself and others going crazy over what the new 2009 catalog was going to have in it. This year things are different. There have been so many releases and announcements about releases prior to the 2010 catalog being distributed, that the new 2010 catalog doesn't really have many suprises or "WOW!" factor to it. The only thing that really raised an eyebrow for me was the Zowada. I was interested in the FRN on the new slipits too, but I don't do the slipits so nothing for me anyway to get jazzed about. Not a criticism by any means, because Spyderco has been keeping my heartbeat high and cash reserves low all year long so I can't really complain. Do you all recall the Purple Native? Again, just an observation.

Looking forward to the Endura and Delica FFG 5 color releases soon. That, to me, is something to get excited about.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

plus i thought the grey wave del/end were discontinued?
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

After browsing through the new catalog, I suddenly have the craving to eat some carrots :D ;) :p
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>