What Spydercos Are In Your EDC Rotation?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

What Spydercos Are In Your EDC Rotation?

Post by vivi »

What Spydercos go in your pocket at least once a week or so? Show us your users, your daily companions. Maybe even write a little about why you carry what you do.

Left: Swick
Right: Aqua Salt
Top to bottom: D2 Millie, Police 3, Pacific Salt, Tenacious, UKPK, Tasman Salt and Spin.

Forgot this one was in my pocket:

Manix 2 SE.

My usual EDC for a while was the Tasman Salt + D2 Millie. Since getting my first Manix 2 Monday it's been that and the Tasman as my go to EDC, with the Swick usually coming along for a PE knife. The Tasman will be getting replaced by a Spyderhawk in a week. :)

The Pacific Salt is my go to larger folder in the summer. I'm super active in the warmer seasons and sweat a lot, so it's nice not being concerned with the blades rusting. The Spin comes along in my watch pocket if I think I might want a knife that I could pull out in company that might not react as well to the Military, not that I've ever had any problems using the big folders anywhere. Police 3 gets rotated with the Millie on days that I want something a little slimmer in the pocket. Tenacious is more of a desk knife than anything else these days. It did go with me up a couple mountains in Utah in 08, that was fun....Aqua Salt is my go to camp / hiking knife, or if I feel like carrying a fixed blade it replaces the Millie.

I like having a big, full sized folder that I can grip up in the choil or further back. I used to be a die-hard UKPK kind of guy, but I realized a lot of my cutting works better with my hand out of the choil. I like the SE H1 folders as beaters that I can cut dirty or tough stuff with. Some things I'd rather not cut with my Millie or Police because they sometimes cut food. It's nice having a knife I feel I can abuse, because the H1 has proven it will take it.

What's in your EDC rotation? Pictures please!
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

These are usually what find their way to my pocket the most out of my collection..probably a couple times a week. well obviously they all cant be carried a couple times a week because that would make it a 12 day week :D but you know what I mean..

and always paired with one of the ladies of course! :cool:
Attachments
edc.jpg
edc.jpg (55.36 KiB) Viewed 2690 times
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Two Ronins
Rock Salt
Yojimbo
Wave Endura
Ladybug
Merlin
ChinookII

Each and Every Day......Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

My regular EDCs are as follows

S30V Military SE - I use this for the tough jobs when I know I am going to need a knife that can get knocked around and perform brilliantly.

VG10 Stretch FRN SE - A brilliant knife, wish I had discovered it sooner.

Manix 2 CE - I really like the look of this knife and I love the clip.

Caly 3 VG10 PE - Perfect knife.

Police G10 - One of my favourites.

Thats pretty much the knives I EDC on a regular basis. The other ones make it into my pocket, but with much less frequency.
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder:
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

Salt I SE: only joins me when there's rope or salt water involved
Delica 4 PE ZDP-189: gotta love ZDP-189. It takes a while to fully appreciate it, and get a wicked edge on it, but once you do, it's awesome
Sage 1: Love the design, love the CF, love S30V. Great fit & finish, black wireclip so it can ride in your pocket without yelling out "LOOK AT ME!" :D
UK Penknife: possibly the best Office/EDC knife ever. Great ergo's, wicked edge, small enough the be small, yet big enough to get the job done, love FFG S30V, never disappoints me. And it's legal just about everywhere :D
freeman7

Post by freeman7 »

I carry a small to medium size folder and a larger folder daily at my office. Since I have the luxury of not needing hard use knives on a daily basis, my pockets contain either a Kiwi or Kopa (gent's knives personified) and a BobT slipit sans clip.
When I go up to the barn to feed animals in the AM, a ZDF Horn (Krein re-grind) goes with.
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

At work Edc : Millie Se 440V, highly versatile light weight utility knife, which will cut though anything. Really outshines everything else outdoors especially when wearing gloves. CPM440V can take some serious abuse.
Paired with :Paramillie D2 , much the same as above, except gets used when I need a plain edge or precision cuts. CPM D2 take a screaming sharp edge and holds it!
Superior edge holding ,easy one hand opening / closing and Tip down carry are a must for me at work.

At home / yard work / workshop: Mini Manix CE. Tough little brute which will lap up any action it sees around home.

Anywhere else at home or "out and about" my Mini Persian or Caly Jr.

Jez
Attachments
not08.jpg
not08.jpg (91.82 KiB) Viewed 2832 times
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I pretty much exclusively carry a D2 Para-Military. After trying probably 50 different knives from all over (many of them Spydercos) this is the best one. I really have nothing bad to say about it, it does exactly what I want. Plus it keeps an edge for an insane amount of time. To bad Spyderco couldn't get their mitts on some more CPM D2.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
Billy

Post by Billy »

About 75% of the time, my main EDC is a Millie variant. The last couple of weeks it's been my absolute favorite, the CF BG-42 version. I also always have my SE H1 Spyderhawk IWB and an orange Ladybug on my keychain. Others that frequently make the RFP slot and/or the BRP are my other Millies (black blade S30V, orange handle S30V or FG D2), Superhawk, a Delica 4 (G-10 or Krein'd D4W), Big or Small Persian, Kris, Stretch or Khukuri. Less often would be my G-10 Caly 3 or Forum Native (my only Native).

I will usually carry the same knife as my primary for at least a week or two at a time before I get the itch to switch it up. So many awesome EDC choices from Spyderco for sure! :D
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I normally carry two, a large folder and a smaller one. The large one is almost always either one of these Stretches...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

...or one of these Schempp Persians.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

To me, they're the two best larger folders Spyderco has produced. They fit comfortably in my back pocket, feel like an extension of my hand, and cut like demons.

As for the small folders, with rare exceptions it's a Kiwi. I own over sixty of them and all but a couple get carried occasionally, but these four seem to get more than their share of pocket time.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

I've never been one for jewelry, but Kiwis, like watches, blur the line between function and art. Great little knives, and benign enough looking that anyone frightened by one can be considered an oxygen thief.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Paul,

I really dig the custom Stretch and Persians. Who made them?
The Kiwis are gorgeous as always.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
MCM

Post by MCM »

Out of all of them, these 3.
Makes me wonder why I keep so many others?
All tip up BTW.......
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

In addition to the EDC listed in my Signature, in my pack I carry a Jumpmaster, Rocksalt, Red KX05and a Sharpmaker with Diamond rods in a sheath from Scott Sheaths. I also have an Assist in each vehicle.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

It varies over time but right now:

D'Allara DP PE 70%
Phoenix 10%
UKPKDP 10%

Others that work their way in to the rotation at other times:

Spyderhawk H1 PE
Blue Dodo PE
S90V Manix 2

And whenever I have my keys, a Lady (currently the green PE

Ken
玉鋼
aebfroman

Post by aebfroman »

1. Tasman daily
2. Military when I have the pocket for it.
3. D4 and Pacific subbed for mili when pockets don't permit.

npueppke

Post by npueppke »

In the past few months, mine's been 95% Sage 2. 3% Stretch 2, 1% Manix 2, 1% Other Manufacturers. Something like that. I'll try to post pictures later.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

I dont have one particular EDC - dont want to let them sit on the shelf. Primarily at work/office, I rotate my Navigator, Leafstorm, Dfly or something small - Kopa if dress for customers. On Fridays and weekends, I will carry UKPK, Caly 3, or Rookie. Endura only gets carried if I have a real work purpose like opening and cutting up boxes or going camping.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Deacon wrote: As for the small folders, with rare exceptions it's a Kiwi. I own over sixty of them and all but a couple get carried occasionally, but these four seem to get more than their share of pocket time.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

I've never been one for jewelry, but Kiwis, like watches, blur the line between function and art. Great little knives, and benign enough looking that anyone frightened by one can be considered an oxygen thief.
Nice Kiwis.
Paul,
What is handle material on the knife between Jigged bone and stag?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

On the EDC Shelf we have.

Terzuola sllip-it
DKPK
Byrd Wings Slip-it
Pearl Micro-dyad
Giraffe Bone Kopa

Clipped RFP ZDP Stretch
Deep in RFP UKPK Drop Point.

That's my EDC Rota for the month.
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

FRP C83 Persian is almost always on me.
FLP Caly3 at least Monday through Friday

Lil Persian by Phillip Dobson in my LBP on weekends, sometimes more often

Kopa Coco few days a week in the watch pocket
orange Ladybug always on my keychain
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian